Captain Fox says hi!

TFMF

Hi all!

Whether you're new to NiteSciFi, or have been with us since it was called "NiteShdw" (I really do miss that name...),  it would be great to hear a bit about who you are, what sci-fi you watch, and how you found us!

Here's a bit about me to give you some ideas. You definitely don't need to go into any detail. 🙂

What's with the username, TFMF?

a.k.a. The Fantastic Mr Fox

I actually think NiteSciFi was the first community I registered on where I needed to come up with a username.  Way back in 2003 I searched my room manically trying to find something that might help me think of something I could use. Somehow, I found a copy of Roald Dahl's "The Fantastic Mr Fox", and the abbreviation of that seemed like a good idea.

Outside the Internet...

Offline, I'm known as Jonathan (Mostly because it's my name. I know, insane.)

Other facts about me in real life:

• I live in Scotland
  • I am getting far too close to hitting 30 years old.
  • I have 3 dogs and a bearded dragon

Favourite Sci-Fi?

I'd have to say Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Favourite Non-Sci-Fi?

Very tricky.... there are a number of really strong shows I love:

• The Crown
  • Game of Thrones
  • Sherlock

How did you find NiteSciFi?

Back in 2004 (I think?) I may have engaged in a little illegal torrent downloading .

The best place to do that was a small up-and-coming torrent site known as "NiteShdw's Star Trek Torrents". I actually don't remember how I found it - probably google - but I registered and downloaded away to my heart's content.

It probably took a good few months before I bothered posting on the forums, but it didn't take long after that to become addicted and rack up a sizable post count. After some time, I eventually became moderator of the Stargate forums (Which was just the best thing ever at the time). 

Shortly after that, another moderator and I approached the owner of the forums about taking over admin responsibilities. Many years and many more reincarnations of the forum since - and here we are.

Feel free to ask me anything, and don't forget to introduce yourself!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am so happy you got the Forum up and running TFMF

Particularly at a time of renewal for Science (&) Fiction

As a lifetime user of the Nite [shadow] forum incarnations, I have seen it (and some of its creators and users) fall, delete, fail, revive, fade and be reborn.

And as you know, not just once, but many times.

Through the Torrent age, copyright infringements, re-birth, Boris P., and all of the thousands of posts over the years,

we've maintained a tele-present community of friends.    [and I suppose a few foes as well😉]

The forums have survived because of fine intelligent users, and sci-fi lovers, such as yourself TFMF.

I am so happy we will now be around for perhaps the 20th Anniversary of the forums.

That's only a couple of seasons of ST:Picard, Doctor Who, and who knows, maybe a new Stargate series, away 🙂

• Thanks 1