EDIT: Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

hayden

how long has this been in the making.. i was seriously out of the loop on this one. i only just found out about it todayt and was devostated i didnt know. Any one got any keen info on the 4th installment of the best film series of all time???

if a bloke can't accept the fact that harrison ford is a absoluted ladies man / hunk. closely trailing richard gear, then u could be known as insecure.

a bit of hollywood magic and he'll look 33 in a jifffy minus the 4 hrs makeup prep ahaha.

• 2 months later...
Indy Gets Title: Crystal Skull

The upcoming fourth Indian Jones movie will be called Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, co-star Shia LaBeouf announced during the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 9.

LaBeouf stars with Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone and John Hurt in the movie. He made the announcement at the awards ceremony, which was broadcast live from Las Vegas.

The fourth Indy adventure is currently in production and is slated to debut May 22, 2008.

Sci Fi Wire

I`m actually really worried about this film, the very title worries me, George Lucas worries me, Ford worries me, no Connery worries me. I mean come on you know George Lucas came up with that title!

What is it with old hollywood films makers and actors past their prime trying to recapture past film glory? Seams like everyones doing it.

What I like about Jones was that the stories were always believable and based upon real history.

Perhaps a hint at the plot can be found here.......

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6_1.htm

I`m actually really worried about this film, the very title worries me, George Lucas worries me, Ford worries me, no Connery worries me. I mean come on you know George Lucas came up with that title!

What is it with old hollywood films makers and actors past their prime trying to recapture past film glory? Seams like everyones doing it.

What I like about Jones was that the stories were always believable and based upon real history.

Perhaps a hint at the plot can be found here.......

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6_1.htm

I'm glad Connery isn't in it. The story takes place in the 50s and his character would be pushing 90. Ford carried the first two without him and he can carry the fourth. The series isn't about father and son and there isn't anywhere else they can go with the relationship because the issues they had with each other were resolved at the end of Last Crusade.

The title is a bit long winded though. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull would be enough.

Maybe the next film will be as good as the last three Star Wars films or even War of the Worlds  :P  :grr:

'They've' have been working on the script since 1989.

1950's Jones is a mistake, what were the most important historical events to occur in 50's?........Ok so Marty McFly went back in time but thats about it  ;D

1950's Jones is a mistake, what were the most important historical events to occur in 50's?........Ok so Marty McFly went back in time but thats about it  ;D

Given Harrison's age, it would be a mistake  NOT to have it take place in the 50s. What important historical events occurred in the 50s? Are you kidding? The Cold War/McCarthy Communist Witch Hunt era is rife with possibilities!

I think it should be set in the 40's era, as this is what the first three films where based in.

The race between the Nazi's and Jones to the artifacts where the bread and butter of theses films, to move this to the 50's I think is a mistake.

I also feel that connery could of added more to it as well as he has been one of britains/scotlands best actors over the last few decades and would of added more to the feel of the film as it was great seeing ford and connery on the screen together in the last crusade film.

Couldnt agree more Ulysses. The last time we saw Jones it was 1941, I think the next film should be based around the fall of the Reich in 1945.

Your also spot on regarding artifacts and the Nazis however I`m also told that the Chinese had and still have a strong interest. Not sure about the Russians.

Connery is an icon, however some were disappointed in his character in the last film as it sort of made him look incompetent. According to ever reliable Wiki Connery was invited to return but declined, he said he was enjoying retirement too much.

My favourite film that Connery has made was The Man Who Would be King.......I cannot help but feel that inspiration for Indiana Jones was taken from that film.

The Indiana Jones series all took place in the mid to late 1930s (not the 40s) a few short years after Hitler came to power but before WWII began. There's no way Indiana would be getting around the world as freely as depicted had full scale war already erupted. The events in RAIDERS take place in '36, TEMPLE OF DOOM was a prequel and the year was '35 and THE LAST CRUSADE was in '38.

I haven't seen The Man Who Would be King so I can't comment, but I do know that old adventure serials and movies like Gunga Din and King Solomon's Mine were the chief source of inspiration.

I found you were right when I checked the Indiana Jones timeline. I always thought that Indiana could move around so freely because America wasnt involved in the war until 1941. It now makes me think how inaccurate the Germans uniforms and weapons were.

I still think this film is going to hurt the other three films.