Miscellaneous thread

flicky

Hi! I saw this place is empty and every forum needs a thread for random conversation!

I was on the original NiteSciFi in the old days, circa 2007, probably with the username "flicky1991". I remember I played in a game of Werewolf and we never got around to doing any more after the one I was in. Some of you may vaguely remember the thread I created where I translated Doctor Who episode titles into Latin and had people guess what they were in English.

So, what's everyone up to these days?

• Like 1

Thanks for being the first customer in Ten Forward. 😛

I do miss Werewolf. Once we get a few more users, we'll definitely have a new game. 🙂

I've spent the last few years working, started a family (I now have a son, 3 dogs, a bearded dragon).  I'm sure there's probably other exciting things, but that's the main points. 😃

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh Flicky, I do remember you now.

Sorry, it's been such a long time.

I always had trouble trying to time the gaming, or even the old attempts at real-time chats.

And the internet was so slow back then, and the server lag..... well.

And the time differences never worked in my favour.

If anyone remembers, I live down-under.

I remember there were a few - in person - meetings across the Atlantic and Europe (?).

Did anyone get to actually meet anyone else in person?

On 11/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, subspatial said:

I remember there were a few - in person - meetings across the Atlantic and Europe (?).

Did anyone get to actually meet anyone else in person?

I don't remember if this ever actually happened. I have met one person from NiteSciFi in real life in the UK, but that's it for me. I have spoken with several others via Skype in the past.

I do remember a big meet-up organised by NiteShdw at one point, but I think some legal action may have taken place around this time which might have scuppered things...

17 hours ago, TFMF said:

I do remember a big meet-up organised by NiteShdw at one point, but I think some legal action may have taken place around this time which might have scuppered things...

[Red Faced] Oh yeh, that. 

We LOVE you Nite!!!

I do remember some of you meeting up, at some point.

perhaps we should try to 'poke the old bear' and see who is around these days.

How big is the contact list TFMF?

On 11/5/2018 at 1:56 PM, subspatial said:

How big is the contact list TFMF?

Well, I've finally managed to track down an old copy of the forum database (As in, THE forum from before the crash).

Now I just need to figure out how to get it working again. 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This conversation and having back the whole forum working back again remind me that  I still miss #nitescifi irc channel, nostalgia? the question is can we bring that back to the future (now) ? ... or definitely it never gonna happen again... I know that we as  Trekkies  love time paradoxes :classic_smile: so do not take me too serious about this wish. Anyway I am  formulating  my wish and I just gonna wait if  the universe with its magick could make my wish come true and if not well I think I can live without it...🌟

(let see what happen). perhaps a new NSF IRC thread ? 😉

What do you think guys, any one has something to say about bringing back IRC b2tf ? ... from what I know IRC is still alive* 

Have you ever heard or have you ever read sometime something about a swiss internet amateur radio program? now is a free program and it seems has  integrated IRC support, and that would be outstanding  just to mention how mighty piece of software is (one example). (See more about SwissLog at https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/ ). It just makes me think the military still uses IRC,

(See also Internet Relay Chat (IRC) - WikiLeaks ). just to have an idea.*

Another thing that I have not seen yet  is the ranks list, where is it TFMF?  

Edited by dr_strekge

On 12/8/2018 at 3:19 PM, subspatial said:

If Picard can return, than so can we...

So good to see you back dr_strekge.

Yes sure we can... good to see you're back too subspatial. :classic_happy: ...It feels good to be back.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:02 PM, TFMF said:

Actually, I did bring an IRC channel online:

https://nitescifi.com/nsf/irc

The server/channel are at the top if you want to use your own client. 

It’ll be empty just now as I don’t have that much time for IRC, but it’s there if anyone wants it. 🙂

I have already tested it, it works well, simply fffffantastic! :classic_wink:

On 12/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, TFMF said:

Now updated. 🙂

Thanks, nice work TFMF! u know I already saved a pdf copy of the Forums Rankings post using Opera so I can check it back when I am offline too. :classic_smile:

• 1 month later...