Star Trek: Picard **SPOILERS**

subspatial

OMG, just saw the trailer, beamed the first episode down on my drive (almost wrote hard drive hihi). Praise our lord and saviour Amazon Prime! 😄

Oh, if it's not clear: Picard is on Amazon Prime, you can watch it without paying for it if you have Amazon Prime membership.

Edited by dBLOOD

• 2 weeks later...

If you're wondering why I haven't commented on the Episodes yet....

Its all just sinking in. And I'm breathing a sigh of relief, while I await a couple of episodes to tie things in.

Also don't want to add the spoiler tag yet 😉

But I will say: Picard & Star Trek are Back baby!

Edited by subspatial

Spoiler tag added!

So, 3 episodes in. I'm very pleased so far, although pacing is a little slow in places with episodes 2 & 3.

I was hoping to see more previous cast by now - 3 episodes in and they just kind of dropped Hue in there with little introduction... :S

But it was still nice to see him.

image.png.4b9fb3508d33bc9ffe49a55e8a17f28c.png

I'm really liking Doctor Jurati's character - I hope she sticks around. (photo below if you're like me and still having to google the main cast to remember their names)

image.png.5b060b35850d7b4b9f11dce21982d64d.png

I'm curious to see how the whole Borg thing turns out. I can't quite tell if they're going to be a main component of the season or if they're just using the borg cube to house the Romulan storyline.

• TFMF featured this topic

I bet you that at some point the Borgs are going to wake up. That would be so ridiculous, and I'm afraid they can't stop themselves from puling that bullshit.

Otherwise I'm in with Picard, I'm just scared that it will turn into the new Star Trek series.

Edited by dBLOOD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Romulan Warrior Nuns! Wait what? Yes, you heard that right! ROFL

Edit:

Well, now that I've finished the whole thing. My brief thoughts: it was alright. I enjoyed watching most of it. Some of the new graphics they're using certainly need getting used to, but the content and story and characters were quite nice for the most part. I was not a fan of the final two episodes. I felt very anticlimactic to me. I think they could have done more with it, make it more believable somehow. I can't really compare it to the old trek, as it's quite different. It is much better than discovery though, much much better. While I would not recommend anyone to watch Discovery, other than out of sheer curiosity and to be able to say you've watched all trek, I certainly would recommend people to watch this show. It's worth it imo.

The full first season is currently streaming for free for non-subscribers on CBS All Access for the duration of the "shelter at home" policy during the COVID-19 outbreak.

• 2 weeks later...

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/03/27/star-trek-picard-showrunner-michael-chabon-admits-he-wanted-to-piss-off-or-provoke-people/

This article describes perfectly what the main philosophy behind Pickard is, and unfortunately it's an agenda, as it usually is these days, instead of creating a great Star Trek series. Again, the agenda drives the story, not the story the agenda.

Pickard unfortunately is just one of the badly written, woke, PC-pandering bullshit, the same way Terminator: Dark Fate is. Terrible writing, terrible characters. Very disappointing.

Oh, I almost forgot: without spoilers the main story-arch is literally the most cliché, most used bullshit we are seeing these days in video games, and the way it was realized is ridiculoous.

Edited by dBLOOD
inserted the wrong link