Doctor Who

flicky

I'm currently working my way through season 10. I watched Doctor Who religiously up until Peter Capaldi (Which is a shame, as I think he's great at the job).

Trying to get back into it. Glad a woman is finally at the controls! And you're right, hopefully in the near future, we won't even think about such things. 🙂

Three companions is traditional for Doctor Who, of course, but it's not been the norm for some time. And I've only ever seen Bradley Walsh as a game show host too - as well as The Chase, they're repeating his season of Wheel of Fortune at weekends at the moment.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear God!

I just found this, sorry to anyone who thinks this is old news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A
Reminds me of the time I learned Tate will be the new companion. To be honest, I did not like the idea at all, but I was wrong, she was brilliant playing Donna, she is one of my favourite New Doctor Who companion.

BTW guy I hope you know that Twitch is streaming the classic Doctor Who episodes from time to time, like today (08/01/2019) for example! Watch and co-stream them on

!

Edited by dBLOOD
news (kinda)

• 5 months later...

So, I stopped watching Dr. Who somewhere around 2015-2016 when they had that 1 year hiatus. I recently caught up with all episodes and I have to say I'm quite disappointed in this last season. The 11th, is it?

I just do not like the general style of it, they completely messed up the intro tune too, drums.. in Dr. Who... and it's not even the War Doctor? Every time I hear the tune I think there's an episode about epic battles coming up, which of course doesn't happen, cuz it's just the tune they f-ed up.

Then there is the Doctor itself. I really do not like the acting style of this actor. Every time I see her act I think she's some sort of wizard from Harry Potter or something. It's quite bad. Is she supposed to resonate more with young teenagers compared to the last Doctor (who I thought was one of the better Doctors)?

The stories themselves are ok-ish and the companions are fine too. But I really do not like the acting style of this actress playing the doctor currently, it's not very Doctor-like, at least in my mind. I also wasn't a big fan of the 11th Doctor for close to, but not quite, the same reasons.

I'm actually kinda happy there are no new episodes this year, so I don't have to go through the horror of watching them. I hope she gets finished off in 2020 and a new Doctor is introduced, hopefully one I will like lol.

• 7 months later...

Finally a proper Doctor Who episode! Let's hope they don't just spitballing ideas like the writers in Star Wars!

Anybody who knows me knows that I am sick of this fucking degenerate PC-pandering bullshit agenda. I like the idea that the new Doctor is female, fuck that, I love it, but just as in Terminator and Star Wars, the agenda drives the story, not the story the agenda, they don't actually do anything with the fact that the new Doctor is a female. The stories were very generic in my opinion.

This episode finally brings an interesting story, which I won't spoil obviously. Let me just say there is a lot of fan-service, I hope they will end up with a good storyline!

Seriously guys, this (S12x05) was a very good episode compared to the previous one, especially compared to the first Female Season.

I'm a hardcore Doctor fan. And like you dBlood I love the fact that the Doctor is female - I mean, what difference does it make.

But I have to admit it has been too safe and littered with way too much exposition by the overburden of too many companions.

Seriously... A token to a Planet. C'mon - just leave already.

I've actually stopped watching one of my favourite shows because its driving me to spontaneous outbursts and disillusionment in Chibnel's reign.

But  your post dBlood is the trigger I've been waiting for to start watching again.

Lets just hope that ep.6. doesn't drive me bat-shit-crazy with the (overly expositional) dialogue again........

dBLOOD FYI: I did watch it and it gave me some hope.

But why have they moved a Late season 'story' episode earlier.

Do we have to wade through many more episodes until we find the true super  narrative.....

C'mon! Lets just solve the problem Doctor!

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed watching season 12 more than I did the previous season. Quite a few nice episodes, though there were also enough that were no good again. Interesting to find out more of the backstory, though it also creates a whole bunch of questions. Plenty of interesting concepts left to explore for future seasons. Funny enough, my own impression seems to match that of the average on rotten tomatoes, though I liked the last episode more than as indicated on the graph, for the rest it's pretty accurate. Obviously it's the blue line, not the white one. 😄

e5720e547929b4dee1c0614a86f4197f500de29f