What does your nickname mean?

Annika

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day I wanted a website for free searches for people and public information' date=' like sex offenders that weren't well published.[/quote']

Because that kind of information has NEVER been used for a witch hunt.

When I was 9 I saw "the net". I know now that it was such a script kiddie thing for me to do but back then I thought that Sandra Bullocks friend "cyberbob" was the coolest thing ever and so I named myself after him. It has stuck ever since then. Within a week after seeing that movie I made an AOL sn based off of that and I still use it. My Slashdot name is that....my blogs...everything lol.

whats funny is that bob isnt even my name lol....its charles

I have a tendancy to just grab random words and use them for names or passwords or just filler in a conversation. Potato (or potatoe) is one of those, I needed a name and the first random word to pop in my head was....It's a fun way to do things because people always think there is some interesting story behind it. It basically keeps me totally annonymous, which is what I like.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a shortened version of megalithicmonolith which is a standing stone (stone circles) Mega=big lithic=stone mono means one lith also means stone so it means "one big stone"

Always had an interest in megalithic mans achievements, just hate typin the whole thing in years an years later lol in fact i think i first used the full name when stonehenge was built.

I love the word spurious, my favourite word. Used it to log on to AOL with, but when I got a new account they wouldn't let me use it, so a friend suggested an e at the beginning, hence espurious. Not quite so interesting once it's written down.

Orignally when I started using the internet I was on AOL, and my screenname on that was Ank329. My name is ankur, so I shortened it, and added some random numbers to the end. When we got broadband, we stopped using AOL, and at that time, when you stopped using AOL, you lost the screeennames also, and couldn't use them for AIM, so I changed it to Anks329