Would you pay?

bigV

A large portion of the world still does it this way. In fact' date=' a few years back, when I could not afford a washer or a laundrymat, I had to wash all my clothes by hand. I did it by agitating them with a stick in a large bucket, and hanging them up to dry. I used to console myself by thinking about how much exercise I was getting, and, in fact, during the four years I had to do this, I became very lean and fit indeed. So, if you want to lose weight, forget about the fad diets, tear up your health club membership, sell your washer, and go to it. ;)[/quote']

Good point. Actually I washed a bunch of my girlfriend's sweaters by hand, and it was a lot of work, but I told her I'd do it again, because I felt so good, like I'd just had a workout.

Haha, who would have thought this board would turn into a discussion on laundry?

I hear ya.

A few years back I had a big stick and bathtub. Good for upper body. God I`m lazy now.... ;)

With regards to paying for certain internet access, I would be willing to for things like niteshdw, to help people pay their server costs because I use it, but not to large corps for pointless services that I would not use.

I would even subscribe to niteshdw, if the powers that be sorted out legal rights for the p2p networks, so we could all share.

Although at the moment I can`t even if I wanted to, got rid of all my bank cards/accounts years ago.

B)

Haha' date=' who would have thought this board would turn into a discussion on laundry?[/quote']

Well, why not? :cyclops: We talk about just about everything else. :D

Niteshdw subscription? There's a thought, and who knows? It might happen yet, too. :cyclops:

No i wouldn't pay. The internet is about freedom and not capitalism. keep capitalism off the net. freedom of information is not about who can pay for it it is about evrybody having access. now i am not saying that donations couldnt fit into this sceme of things, but i think that the guy with no money has just as much rights to watch what he wants as the billionaire, the difference being the billionaire can donate and indeed should.

No i wouldn't pay. The internet is about freedom and not capitalism. keep capitalism off the net. freedom of information is not about who can pay for it it is about evrybody having access. now i am not saying that donations couldnt fit into this sceme of things' date=' but i think that the guy with no money has just as much rights to watch what he wants as the billionaire, the difference being the billionaire can donate and indeed should. [/quote']

HERE HERE! I agree.

I would NEVER pay for TV downloads, being in the UK we are forced to pay for our TV through a TAX called the TV Licence this only covers BBC proggies, its a criminal record if we dont purchase one , If they were to remove the licence i wouldnt mind paying for tv content but until then no way on theis planet