A word or two in your own dialect/accent

maverick

Dutch english sounds like english most of the time... but we have the tendencie to say everything like it is an question in english. And we really make stupid dutch litterally translated to english mistakes.. (which can be quite hilarious)

Example,

Some government offical: I'm the first state secretary on the inside and I'm having my first period.

Well let's say she wasn't meaning to say that :p

If you translate the sentence to dutch it makes perfect sense, but in english it's well hilarious.....

;)Can say lots of things but i am makking the same mistakes like the quote above :p thats the best way to explane :D

Or if you go further north into the true Highlands, you might hear in a very lilting, almost musically sing-song accent, "Is that a cup of tea you'd be waaaaanting the noo?" with the long aaaa in wanting pronounced as in ah.

It's a lovely accent and the disruption of what we'd consider normal word order is quaint.

I spent my childhood on both sides of the Scottish/English border so I speak Geordie too and my favourite saying from Northumbrian roots was, "Hadaway up the wahl mun!"

Basically, "Go climb a wall man!"

The all-time Scots favourite would have to be, "Och, awa and bile yer heed..."

Or if you prefer, "Would you be so kind as to take yourself to somewhere else and boil your head for me? There's a good chap, thank you very much."

I really don't have a Scottish accent - i don't go "aye" ;)

(some people i know - you can't understand them at all!) - "fah disnah ike DS9 en?!?!?!"

but i don't talk like that - "I'm goin to watch Star Trek"

:rolleyes: