Atlantis Pilot

Admiral Payne

Not really. There are a few mentions - at the start of season 9 sg-1 Daniel mentions he missed the Daedulus and then a few episodes ago, people stole the Prometheus to go and steal Atlantis' ZPM... but no, not really. The two shows are, for the most part, totally seperate.

Hardly surprising as they take place in two different galaxies.

The base at the start of the show is from the SG-1 season 7 finale. During season 7 (which I've only watched, I don't have) they are numerous mentions of a 'Lost City' but the only real backstory is the season 7 finisher.

However Rodney McKay has made several appearances in SG-1 over the course of several seasons and he's the only established character that has crossed over.

The only crossovers are:

The timeship which is used by 'old' Dr Wier shifts over to SG-1 and ends up on a planet in our galaxy

Mobieus - the episode which uses the timeship again explains how they got another ZPM which is used to power the Daedeleus which arrives in the Atlantis season 1 finale 'The Siege'

Yes, I suppose season 7 had the build up to Atlantis. Spending all that time searching for the lost city, then realising that the base on Earth was "just an outpost" and that Atlantis is "still out there."

You're of course wrong to say Rodney is the only character to have appeared in both. Carter has made an appearance in Atlantis.

Carter has made an appearance in Atlantis.

Do imaginary characters count though? If so, we also saw Gen. Hammond in the episode with the misty life forms powering the gate.

Just curious, but was it ever explained in that episode why they could use that gate to jump back to Earth, when supposedly the Atlantis gate is the only one given access?

And of course the show "Atlantis" has had several scenes of action back on Earth and in the SGC. I don't know of any "SG1" shows however that jump to scenes of life away in Atlantis.

And when her character first appeared she was played by a very different looking actress with blond hair!

Its always funny when they change roles. Weir's boyfriend "Simon," is played by the same actor who played one of the Tolan that SG1 rescued. ;)

Yes, I suppose season 7 had the build up to Atlantis. Spending all that time searching for the lost city, then realising that the base on Earth was "just an outpost" and that Atlantis is "still out there."

You're of course wrong to say Rodney is the only character to have appeared in both. Carter has made an appearance in Atlantis.

...as a hallucination... SPOILER......

when Rodney is trapped at the bottom of an alien ocean, his jumper loses air and he starts to hallucinate

Season 7 was the first season to mention the ancient city Atlantis, it was hinted at for several episodes as they searched for data then they figured out it was offworld, heck, offgalaxy.(is that a word?) anyway, the season 7 finale brought the plot to the point where they could get ready to cancel sg-1 and start sga or keep both shows running.

Just curious' date=' but was it ever explained in that episode why they could use that gate to jump back to Earth, when supposedly the Atlantis gate is the only one given access?[/quote']

There was some extra components in the Atlantis gate that the rest of the gates in Pegasus didn't have. McKay removed it and took it to that world instead, where the misty enrgy dealies would be able to provide the power they couldn't get in Atlantis to make the connection.

Thanks for all the good replys, I had decided last night that I was going to Start SG-1 at the first season and start watching, but I might have to skip to the 7th season and then go back. I just thought it seemed kind of odd the very first show of Atlantis that there already had found the base on earth.

Actually I just started to re-watch season 8 of SG-1 and Dr. Wier is in control and heading for Antarctica at the end of the two-part episode so the first two eps of SG-1 Season 8 are also prequel to Atlantis (they were show back-to-back and the following week was Atlantis two-part pilot ep)

Very true on the first three seasons - they pale in comparison to season 7 plus there was a big thing with daniel in season 6 when Michael Shanks left the main cast to do production work which was explained during the last two eps of season 5