how William Shanter Changed the world

GhostShadow

hey, did any one watch "How William Shatner changed the world" on the History Channel?

I watched it and it was pretty good, if you have a chance to see this then take it.

The site

I watched it......Several times, if you get my drift.

;)

The only major thing about it they got wrong is that Warp Drive will be tested by the Air Force in 5 years or less.

......Knowing the Air Force, it's less.

:stare:

oh, whoop. Some one did watch it!

Yeah, I love how the name of the Show is "how william shatner changed the world" when it was all about ST.

It was annoying how they went to extreme length about TOS and TNG but gave DS9 about a 10 synopsis, VOY a 5 second synopsis and ENT they basicaly just said "Enterprise sucked".

They were right.......DS9 was too dark to influence anyone in the technology field.

VOY brought a few new gadgets, but they weren't very interesting.

Keep in mind that this is about what the shows did to make gadgetry come real.

.....Only TOS & TNG did that.

Having said that, let me quickly add that had Manny been allowed to finish what he started, ENT might've spun off a few gadgets into the real world.

......But we'll never know, because para-mounted-& stuffed canned it.

:mad:

They were right.......DS9 was too dark to influence anyone in the technology field.

VOY brought a few new gadgets, but they weren't very interesting.

Keep in mind that this is about what the shows did to make gadgetry come real.

.....Only TOS & TNG did that.

Having said that, let me quickly add that had Manny been allowed to finish what he started, ENT might've spun off a few gadgets into the real world.

......But we'll never know, because para-mounted-& stuffed canned it.

:mad:

I agree, I think that ENT is the show that would most likely have spun off a lot of new gadgets. They where the closest to the time period that we are in now, so they could have used that. The result of trying to copy gadgets from to far in the future is that we end up with half baked inventions like the ipod, which I hate. It has low battery, to small, and is not to cool looking. ENT was another chance to make some cool new stuff.

Bah, I found that special a bit sad, they forced the guy to watch all of voyager, Voyager man, all of it. Thats cruel, it should be considered torture to make a person watch all 7 seasons of voyager.