News: NiteShdw Gaming Leauge

S0V13T

Hi guys, im new to the site. I googled yuris revenge leauge and this site came up. I didnt read the whole forum, but just the first post. Me and a few of my friends are really interested in a Yuris revenge league. If you guys start one that would be really great. If you have xfire my sn is xHOLYSHINTOx. Add me to your buddy list and we can talk sometime. I have ventrillo, but i dont know the ip and stuff like that, my clan uses it for day of deafeat source. If you do happen to start a yuris leauge please fill me in cuz im totally for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm wickedly busy lately and it's just gonna get worse untill sept., so I havn't really done anything with any of my sites for like the past 5 months or so. Working a physically demanding full time job (With some MAJOR sexual harassment oriented benifets notwithstanding), and spending time with the wife and kids, and the house / yard work is basiclly all I have time for. As much as that sucks, as I really miss gaming 18 hours a day, getting drunker then Boris Yeltsin at Marti Gras, and messing about on IRC and the forums.

I'll just try and arbitrarily try to respond to a few comments, in no particular order, for no real reason besides the fact that I should really own up to a few things.

- I LOVE Yuri's Revenge, and would LOVE to host that, and some RA2, best games ever made IMO. The only reason I havn't yet, is becuase there is no dedicated server software, that I've been able to find, regardless of platform. If anyone can prove me wrong for that, PLEASE DO! I promise you that the server will be up in 24 hours if I can get a link to a RPM, or similer linux pakage.

Otherwise, it'll have to be done with people just setting up a server from ingame,leaving their comps on, and waiting for someone to conect to play them. If that's the case, I will set up some kind of NiteShdw Yuri's Revenge match making page, so that everyone knows where to connect, what time of the day would be perfered for the Host, and a reletive skill level notification, so that pros can play pros, and noobs can play noobs. I'm so leet at RA2, that I'll play aganst 7 pros at once, cook dinner, talk on the phone / ventrillo, Dig a fresh water well in the back yard, and watch a movie on the other comp all at once, and still win by a land slide.

- Yeah, the root admin, who shall go unnamed kinda mucked around with the CS:S stats generator, or the server it's self, or something, and it's not really recording the stats any more. Since nobody can rack up the bragging rights any more by posting a link to the stats page and saying "haha! Check out how many times I pwned S0V13T", it kinda went down hill, as far as community parcitipation goes. Read the opening paragraph in this post, for details on why it hasn;t been fixed yet. That, and I'm not gonna lie to ya, I'm just plain lazy. There, I said it.

- America's Army. No.

- I found a really frigging old Elite Force 2 server for linux, but it's kinda all duct taped together, and not REALLY all that easy to set up and get off the ground. I did muck about with it for a couple of hours a while ago, but gave up when I realized what a toal noob I was.

- I still dig Return to Castle Wolfenstine: Enemy Teritoy, as it's a 100% free game from our good friends at ID Software for everyone on PC, Linux (and I think theres a mac version) It's the only game that I found that's fun to play online, and required ZERO Linux configging / patching/ hacking, etc to play the client (no idea about the server, but I imagine it couldn;t be that hard to set up).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

BlackNova Traders is still running, however it has been infested with bots/sad people as of late, making it difficult to play.

The CS:S server is.....sort of working. I tried playing it a couple of weeks ago and it was working but just out of date (so you couldn't play it unless you had the same game version) However since S0V13T has updated it, it doesn't seem to work...It could just be me. I'll try again.

We're looking to add more servers for other games.

BlackNova Traders is still running, however it has been infested with bots/sad people as of late, making it difficult to play.

The CS:S server is.....sort of working. I tried playing it a couple of weeks ago and it was working but just out of date (so you couldn't play it unless you had the same game version) However since S0V13T has updated it, it doesn't seem to work...It could just be me. I'll try again.

We're looking to add more servers for other games.

might be the wrong version of counter strike, it could be the wrong version....for example i am running cod 2 on patch 1.3,

Quite a few people have been on recently.

You can see who's online by viewing the stats page. http://gaming.nitescifi.com/stats/index.php?game=cstrike

Also - if you look at the left of this page (or any other page on the forums) you will see a small box that contains some links on the CS:S server as well as the IP address of the server. Steam is required to play the game. Xfire will not do.

Quite a few people have been on recently.

You can see who's online by viewing the stats page. http://gaming.nitescifi.com/stats/index.php?game=cstrike

Also - if you look at the left of this page (or any other page on the forums) you will see a small box that contains some links on the CS:S server as well as the IP address of the server. Steam is required to play the game. Xfire will not do.

yeah but at least you can see who is on the server...better than going on finding all the players are bots

Ah right yeah. Bots can be identified by an [1], [2] or [3] at the start of their name. The number represents the AI level of the bot (3 being the strongest)

The link i provided above will show you if there's anyone playing on the server.

Ah right yeah. Bots can be identified by an [1], [2] or [3] at the start of their name. The number represents the AI level of the bot (3 being the strongest)

The link i provided above will show you if there's anyone playing on the server.

oh rite, sorry I actually didnt know thats why I was just mentioning it...ive learned something new hehe thanks for the info anyway :) :D[br]Posted on: January 04, 2007, 12:36:54 PM

sorted....ready for some killing now and got the ip hehe[br]Posted on: January 04, 2007, 01:49:10 PM
OK just looked at the stats, thankfully it still has the stats from ages ago lol..anyway how do you manage to actually edit your profile so you can have your flag next to your name etc etc...tried using the edit function but i dont think i have the password.

Your name can be changed in the options menu in CS:S (I think)

You have to log in using the same steam account but you can change your name which is visible in game via CS:S options. I don't think you can change it for when  it appears on the stats (Because the stats use info from your steam account, i think)

• 6 months later...

The IP of our server is 193.47.83.226:28933

and the website webbie is www.tuw-clan.co.uk

we normally get between 10 - 15 people in the evening on there so your best trying to get on there after 6pm.

I am normally on there between 6pm and 8pm and my name on there is <TuW>Ulysses.

Anyone is welcome to join us and I know they are still recruiting :P

Thanks! I will look if I can 'find'  :P the game and if I do then I will connect tonight.

You live in the UK, right? (Time difference)

Do or did you ever play quake 3 (my favourite fps) and if so can you recommend any servers? (Shouldn't be severs with those cracks playing where you don't have any chance of winning)

Thanks again! :)