Graphics Cards!

Rebellion

If you are planning on buying a new graphics card anytime soon, i strongly suggest you wait until after Christmas, because they will be releasing DX10 cards or something high-techy around that time, which undoubtedly leads to a price drop in other cards!

Patience...

Yeah, it's allways like that... When it's Christmas, I could say, wait 'till May, they'll be releasing a new type and old ones will be cheaper... You should allways wait as long as possible (performance-wise) before upgrading anything on any computer, if you want maximum efficiency for the dollars you spend on it...

As far as DX10 cards are concerned, I would say, don't buy the first series of cards that supports it... I've had nothing but trouble with all first generation DX supported graphics cards, usually they get a lot better at implementing their stuff by the second generation... (I'm talking nVidia here: look at geforce3 - geforce4; geforce5900 - geforce6800, I'm not an ATI man myself) So, if I were you, I'd either buy a 7900GT and put another cooler on it (Zalman or something like that, for noise) or wait 'till Easter next year... But that's just my opinion, anyone is free to do as he/she chooses... And of course, the first paragraph applies to! ;)