Star Trek Voyager

Rebellion

Interesting question.

There are several possibilities:

They died out. The destruction caused by the Kazon may have damaged their city enough that they were forced to emigrate to the surface, where they couldn't survive.

They managed. The damage may not have been so bad, and they may have been able to go on for some time. Remember that the Caretaker was supplying them with as much energy as he could.

What do I imagine... that the other group of Ocampa, from "Cold Fire," seek them out and they join in a larger community.

Guest c4evap
Remember that the Caretaker was supplying them with as much energy as he could.

If I remember correctly...he supplied them with enough power to last five years.

BTW Rebellion...the spelling of Ocampa is correct (according to http://www.startrek.com )

c4 B)

The Ocampa in Caretaker were a pretty pathetic bunch, probably died out.

They're a bit of a loser race really, they live like a whole 5 years! Ah well.

Actually, the fact that they only live so short is very beneficial for them. Since they live that short and they have the ability to learn very quickly, that means they have the possibility to evolve very rapidly. Live fast, die young, in a different meaning here... :D

I was exaggerating...

She doesn't REALLY show them more than maybe 3 times (including her return in Rage was it? Or Fury... yeah, whatever).

And she also does a few things where she shows ESP... if she'd got as much screen time as 7, she'd probably have got to develop them a bit more. Ah well, she was another casualty of a lack of continuity. Which is a shame.

Ah yes, the three episode, Cold Fire, The Gift and Fury (or whatever) are the ones that come to mind. Fury was pretty awesome, she went MENTAL.

Guest c4evap

You're right. They didn't use her enough...which is strange considering the way her character was introduced (along with Neelix and the Kazon). I had figured she'd be an integral member of the crew. Maybe it was because she wasn't considered "sexy" enough???

c4 :thinking:

I always thought she was pretty hot... but I was thinking on it and really, she wasn't so much part of the regular cast as a recurring character. It's no wonder she doesn't have the same recognition that 7 has.

I mean, how many "Kes episodes" were there? Not many... I struggle to think of more than a couple. They really ought to have given her some awesome mind powers... it might have been nice if instead of Janeway telling Harry to push the thingybob warp plasma shoebox button, Kes just went "I'll use my oft forgotten mind powers."

I would have thought the fact that Kes's species only lived 9 years would have been another factor - i think she could have had some great episodes - but by season 6 we already saw she looked really old