LOST - i dunno if this counts as sci fi but this shows pretty out there.

hayden

Im in AUS so i just saw the end of lost season 2. does anyone around here watch this show or wat. its a FU*%$N joke how can they possibly make a third season. theyve only been on the island for 50 days or something. arrrhhh my head hurts.

Every episode is supposed to be another day. So, they have been LOST for around 40+ days.

I like it. It's kooky. It has suspense. It has mystery. They do eventually answer the weird questions.

Well, some of them. After two seasons, they are getting weirder, though. Dragging out the answers ANNOYS me.

gee, the show makes me feel like shouting I WANT TO KNOW NOW NOW NOW. must be getting younger. or senile. ;)

I enjoy Lost a great deal. as with any show, some episodes are better than others. But as for the overall story arc, I really enjoy the mystery of it. The fact that there are these weird clues that you can pick up on (like the shark) its just a mindf#@k. And I'm all for that.

I just hope they go deeper into things and dont just make it a series of "filler".

Reminds me of Carnival on HBO. I was really excited about the first half og the first season, then it seemed like it just dragged out so long, i was scared that it was gonna turn into another X-Files/Twin Peaks, a great and weird idea that went on to long... but the second season was a real payoff from the mood the first season laid out. Of course, poor ratings killed that show just when it got great.

Hopefully, the folks of Lost are gonna pay attention to that lesson and not spend to much time setting a tone, this season was a bit much on the mood side, next season needs to have a bit of payoff spread throughout.

My opinion only... Your milage may vary

Im in AUS so i just saw the end of lost season 2. does anyone around here watch this show or wat. its a FU*%$N joke how can they possibly make a third season. theyve only been on the island for 50 days or something. arrrhhh my head hurts.

Guest c4evap

I started watching it because a friend in hospital asked me to dl some eps so she wouldn't miss any. Got hooked! Not sure why either. Mayhaps there's some subliminal stuff in there somewhere???

c4 :thinking:

First season - good. Second season - snore...

But honestly. what rock must one live under to be unaware of it?

Season 5? Yeah, I can imagine. Which means dragging it out. The flashbacks grow tiresome. I'm more interested in the island and such. If our old pal Abrams is true to form, third season will be worse, then four will be great and five mediocre.

That and we'll get Buffy/Sydney Bristow roundhousing and wearing totally unconvincing wigs.

Its quite well craftred and entertaining.

Season 2 became tredious in places, kept it up in others, the one about cheap Ewan McGregor Hobbit token English northerner and his baby kidnapping was the lowest point in the whole series. The flashbacks already have become tedious, they were designed as a way of avoiding the island setting being too limiting, which it proved not to be, now they're screwed, because to drop the flashbacks will be to admit a failure of formula.

I suppose they just need to keep them short, sometimes maybe only 7 minuted an ep. They do spin the idea cleverly sometimes, when it flashes back to things that happened earlier on the island, that's clever.

What I do dislike are people who think that it is a shining example of artistic entertainment, rather than just well crafted entertainment, although I will admit that the show did really become somewhat remarkable towards the end of the first season. I get this a lot and often from people I genuinely consdider quite intelligent, yet they seem painfully lacking in skills of deconstruction of media, seeing how it is crafted to draw people in, issues of genre and narrative and the ability to assertain whether a media text has any real integrity to it.

Lost -great TV -absolutely, art -Almost entirely not, Talking to people about Lost often makes me scared that I am going to die alone.

I think the flashbacks are important. I mean they are important as part of the story not as a needed extra. They contain info that creates a very strange mood to the series. People on the island had met each other in strange settings long before the crash. The weird coincidences among the group like the same numbers popping up are almost as necessary a part of the series as the actors.

The problem is that while the flashbacks are good... you feel that unless they jack up character turnover that they'll just kind of be reitterating - in many ways, they've already started that.

Season two DID lull midway - so much that I stopped watching for a while but it picked up again. Hoorah.

It's a shame that they keep doing more seasons really, woulda been better if they either all croaked or were rescued at the end of the first season. Instead it goes on for season after season with no end to their plight. None the less it is interesting, tho i only watch it occasionally now.

It was probably just a dream but I heard they were okayed until at least season 4?

I suppose it kind of suffers from what I'll playfully title "sitcom syndrome". Most sitcoms are based around a situation that never changes. In the same way, well - Lost is going to stay Lost. They've totally forgotten about the day to day struggle of eking out a living on the island - and I thought that was one of the best aspects of it. Now it's too focused on the flashbacks and the bitching.

I can only see it getting worse. Sure, BSG had a lull in the last quarter but it recovered. Not sure I hold out the same hope for Lost.

• 9 months later...

It's totally sci-fi, in my opinion, I hate to watch it but have too.....like that car wreck you cannot peal your eyes away from...

and yep creators say they need five years to show us the entire picture.....but the actors don't know or understand it at all apparently..........nice to know!

(Watch it for the cute guys secretly...shh!)

jin.jpg

Lost_jin.jpeg

Lost_Sawyer_3.jpg

and Kate....again shh!

mob64_1147958146.jpg