Stargate Atlantis 3x02

Vyperion

They suck.

That's two capital ships lost in TWO EPISODES.

If only they had shown the expedience. CLUMSY.

Yeah, that episode was rather predictable... although I was hoping Micheal would join the regular cast and they'd use the Hive ship.

Picardo has been putting in his time - and it's been enjoyable although Weir on Earth was utterly pointless and the constant tooing-and-froing from Earth to Atlantis rather... nulls the notion that they're on their own. As I said, this episode was predicable - pretty much as soon as the Wraith were in that camp, they were going to remember or get suspicious or something.

Guest Mrthumps

Yea...I was let down by the ep as well.

Maybe because I wasn't expecting them to have such an easy time getting control of the ship. I was hoping for maybe they have to deal with some wraith escaping the gas and causing trouble on the ship.

and since we didn't see what happened to the wraith on the plaent over that the ship firing on it we can only guess that trip-wraith/Michael may have survived a-la ford and could return at some point.

Picardo has been putting in his time - and it's been enjoyable although Weir on Earth was utterly pointless and the constant tooing-and-froing from Earth to Atlantis rather... nulls the notion that they're on their own.

Spot on my freind. I thought Atlantis was on their own and that they couldn't get to earht via the gate and that's why the ship was assigned to help them?

^ true but now they've got a Z(ed)PM (i had too) they can dial home whenever they need to, strange though we've had 2 seasons and all the ZPMs we've seen are like crappy AA batteries, the Dauntless is just there for protection really, either that or the writers are bored with the regular cast already.

Ok, the ep, on the whole it was ok, no offense to anyone who like Michael but any thing that Connor dude is in just reminds me of enterprise (and i don't wan tto go there!) so i do hope he is dead, nice to see Robert Picardo is still alive and kicking, they could have made some sly comment about voyager that fans would have recognised but no glory there. As for Wear on earth it was a bit of a waste of time but i suppose they need some way to make up the 40-odd minutes of the program personally i would have liked to see more of the converted wraith and how they were coping as being human, i only say this because you only really got to see the defectors.

Well at least we're back to normal episodes next week, not cliffhanger after cliffhanger after cliffhanger

Quite disappointing... IMHO, the episode was rushed beyond repair. I mean, a lot of stuff was neglected. First, the return of the captured Wraith ship to Atlantis. Second, Dr. Weir's voyage back to Atlantis on board an Asgard ship. Third, the establishment of the changed Wraith colony. Fourth, Sheppard's team escape from the destroyed Wraith ship on the puddle jumper.

The lost of the Wraith ship, in particular, was difficult to accept. Another piece of advanced technology lost by the Atlantis team... In fact, the Atlantis expedition (unlike SGC teams) has failed miserably to get hold of advanced technology at every opportunity so far. They suck, indeed.

Yeah, they did seem to miss a lot of stuff. One minute Picardo and Weir are on Earth, then BANG! Back on Earth.

Picardo's role was kind of weird - he goes there to bust some balls, supposedly and then just covers Weir's ass.

Personally, I think the whole Wraith turned human was just too obvious. You can't realistically expect 200+ people to all buy into a story about amnesia for any length of time, especially when they're all in a military camp getting injected with drugs everyday.

The failsafe device was a nice idea but they made an obvious mistake - Deadman's handle.

Also, I don't like this whole long distance communication thing they've got with the Wraith now. In a solar system, ok but over interstellar distances? That's a bit lame. As if the Wraith weren't overpowered enough, all that said - originally they'd take an entire clip to get taken down and now they're just a couple of rounds.

Another thing. Why does no one ever seem to go "damn, we're getting the snot beaten out of us - jump to hyperspace!"

Waste of a perfectly good hiveship. Man, that was silly. Also - I'd have preferred if they kept Micheal in the main cast. That would have given them an insight into the Wraith, some nice tension with Ronin and a bit of an advantage. It was good to see Sheppard being expedient though.

One thing I thought was odd... They say they have "no way" to know if any of the wraith escaped from the planet... Why didn't they take the puddle jumper down to check it out after they evaced from the Hive Ship? And wouldn't they have seen ships moving to/from the hive either way?

That's a good point.

Uh, I guess if we had to explain it - maybe they couldn't get any readings when they were hiding? I imagine they were too busy concentrating on not dying to worry about he Wraith.

I don't think I'd be too surprised to see Micheal return though.

Another thing. Why does no one ever seem to go "damn' date=' we're getting the snot beaten out of us - jump to hyperspace!"[/quote']Because that triggers the inevitable 'Luck shot "Engines are offline"' from the crewman at the back OR the engineer.

It does seem like they just picked four segments from a two-parter and cut out the exciting bits to make one mediocre episode.

I'm beginning to think that this may be my last season of SG:A unless they've got something killer for the next few episodes.

love the metaphor, maybe they do that because you expect them to run away, i think if you look at the progression from season 1 to 2 to 3 you'll see that the SG-A team have slowly gained confidence and power wich has resulted in well2 perfectly good ships beng destroyed but also a major offensive against the Wraith

Seems that the writers (or budget) don't like too many "loose" ends...

A new ship, next episode, BOOM new ship gone. Another ship, next episode, BOOM, problem solved. Humanised wraiths, what to do with them, kill them, problem solved, etc...

What annoyes me the most are the little things...

Why fly Dr. Wier to Atlantis with an Asgard ship? Couldn't she have just used the Stargate like "Picardo" when he travelled back to Earth in the end of the episode or did/have I missed something? :thinking:

All in all Atlantis is better than SG-1 (these first 2 episodes). On the other hand I get this strange "feeling" that it's not Atlantis that is improving, but SG-1 that has got less intresting. :(

The thing to remember is - the Lantians lost the war because the Wraith had massively numerical superiority. They're being real clumsy and it's getting to be too reminiscent of how SG-1 would get a mothership every couple of weeks for a while before losing it.

Why fly Dr. Wier to Atlantis with an Asgard ship? Couldn't she have just used the Stargate like "Picardo" when he travelled back to Earth in the end of the episode or did/have I missed something? :thinking:

Atlantis has a ZPM. Stargate Command doesn't. Without a ZPM at the source, they can't dial to another galaxy.

I thought Earth had at least a couple of Z(ed)PMs? The Antartic base needs one for the Ancient weapon?

I've forgotten how they picked up one for Atlantis unless it was the trade off with the Genii?

Season 8 finale: SG-1 went back in time and swiped it from Ra in Ancient Egypt. It was then transported aboard the Daedelus (or one of it's sisterships) to Atlantis in the Atlantis Season 2 premiere.

Earth still lacks a ZPM.

• 1 month later...