PHP Hosts in the UK - A real nightmare!

Chiggy

I`m trying to find a hoste for a simple site written in HTML........but the catch is it has a PHP form.

It seams that this PHP form has proved a constant headache for me because I cannot find a host for this site with out re-writing the form. This is because the majority of hosts in the UK insist that the PHP code be written to their specifications.........for security reasons.

I do not confess to being a PHP programmer but this form is rather large and took me almost a day to write.........so I would rather not have to re-write it.

It seams that to be able to establish exactly what code I must write to conform to security I must first hand my money over! This sucks in my opinion.

In the good old days when I used to work for a web design studio we used our own Linux servers and wrote any code and put it behind a awesome gauntlet firewall. We never had a single problem with anyone hacking PHP on sites or spamming forms.

Can anyone please recommend a sensible hoste for this site........in the UK if possible that will allow my PHP form...........I`m also looking to register a domain with the same company........to save more messing about.

Most sites these days have a simple feedback form I never realised that hosting externally was so much trouble.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, Nite's server is one of the best that I've ever worked with, and well, I've been doing stuff with servers for almost a decade now.

I like it becuase it's for the most part hassel free. All the tools that I need for any project I start are almost always on hand, or Nite is quick to get them in place. Thers been way too many times in the past where I needed a special PHP swich turned on/off, a certian module installed, or something popped up, and the server got anal about it, and refused to do it over some cryptic TOS interperatation.

Nite's also a really decent guy, when it comes to helpin you out if you need a hand with coding something, or making sence of things :) The only bad thing is that Nite dosen't seem to check his PM's when you need a hand with something *hint hint check your PM's Nite*