Stargate Atlantis 3x04

TFMF

Good episode (compared with this weeks SG-1).

Ronin has a "dark" past and it was nice to know a little more, since he's been around for some time now.

It was a little "wierd" that there are old Wraiths and that they seem to be even stronger than young Wraiths (something to do with the with Vampiric nature of Wraiths).

Yes, the episode was surprisingly interesting. Now we know more about Ronon's life on Sateda. It was also great to see SGA's Rambo really kicking ass for the first time. McKay's getting hit by the arrow and the way he and Dr. Beckett killed the Wraith leader (king?) was priceless as well. IMHO, SGA is still lacking a little bit of direction, but this episode was a major improvement.

Second filler of the season. There was nothing in it.

On the contrary, this wasn't filler. It was meat! All I ask from this series is to stop conforming to a cookie cutter script and at long last they finally accomplished it. They don't need to discover a new technology and then blow it up every episode in order to be fulfilling to watch. This is the first time the succeeded in making any of the Stargate characters seem three dimensional.

Your brain is working well, maybrick for what you said is entirely true.

I'll use my cruise control for cool to emphasise that STARGATE NEEDS TO STOP BEING GENERIC-A-RIFIC.

This episode wasn't. It WAS gritty. The destruction and massacre of an entire planet? That's pretty dark... even if it was only touched upon.

I thought it took more from Firefly than Battlestar with the McKay and Beckett interaction and the final group conversation about Shepard wanting to kill the bad guy but didn't (that might've been Angel I'm thinking of).

A good break from the usual everything's kosha and we learnt a little more than 'he's tough' about Ronin. A step in the right direction, I hope it doesn't take two steps back though for the next one.

• 1 month later...