Atlantis Observation

Tenebrae

In SG-1, there were plenty of civilisations that were at near or greater than our level of advancement - right?

In Atlantis... there have been only two socities that seem to be even close to that level of advancement. Ronin's and Colm Meaney's... at least, as I recall.

Sure, they have the Wraith but our galaxy had the Goa'uld... explain the disparity.

I like the fact that there aren't really any aliens of note. Trek had about 18 species a square mile and it got... boring.

The Wraith are essentially human/insect hybrids... Let's see... Unas, Goa'uld, Nok, that race that had the space race...

Quite frankly, how can populations so small POSSIBLY be sustainable?

smaller pockets of people cause of the wraith definately. and the few planets that managed to get bigger is cause the wraith just hadn't found them yet. in our galaxy the reason why there are more noteable groups of people with greater ability i think is cause of help from races like the asguard and nox

The Nox didn't actually seem to do much...

But one has to assume that 10,000 years of cullings (AFTER a war) would probably be the reason... Plus, the Goa'uld are also far too busy trying to maintain power to actually go looking for races that are happy to stay hidden.

The Wraith seem to have known about pretty much all the developed planets... and it's only by deceit that the Genii managed to get nukes.