Stargate SG-1 10x5

Tenebrae

Guest Mrthumps

I was thinking of something closer to Resident Evil but ya...it was another snoozer.

Hopefully these slow, dull eps means they're leading up to something big that will last over a bunch of episodes.

Wow, they made a mistake? That's unpossible.

Seriously they've fiddled with how much tech and it's gone bad? Almost as bad as their security.

It was okay. A Trust operative using the armband caused it on Earth - another security issue. How about they lock these things up so that at least five people have to be there to open them?

Methinks they used the budget on the CG-mutant-dog-bear-pig thing rather than a decent plot.

For someone who wants his people to relax Landry seems to enjoy making jokes but takes offense everytime Micthell tried to make one. Very professional about how he didn't appreciate the fat kid comment. You're still fat, deal with it. I have. Lay off the cream cakes, chubby! Seriously I'm overwieght and it's my fault so any fat comments I take in good humour because I agree with them.

Vala was right but in their arrogance they didn't listen because she's the new girl to the team and whoops, there's another creature.

And for god's sake IRONY :mad:

1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony

2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance

3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

The only ironic thing about the statement is that Teal'c doesn't undertsand its true meaning. It would've been ironic if one of the people there was a Goa'uld. An donsidering what happened last week it's still a major concern - how ironic :p

Yeah, Landry just came off as an ass in that episode - the whole team building thing was pretty stupid.

Vala was just really irritating in that episode, her walking around going on about monsters and stuff was just a pain. The fact Daniel seems to have been relegated to secondary character status is annoying. Vala and Landry are no substitutes.

And I agree - the CGI beasties looked like Resident Evil types Lickers, if they'd spent the money on writing a decent script maybe the episode wouldn't have been a write off.

Disappointing. I believe this was supposed to be one of those funny SG-1 episodes, but the thing is, the new characters (Landry, Vala etc.) are just not funny. So there wasn't much left by the end of the episode except the beast. Let's wait for next week.

BTW, what happened to Dr. Lam (Lexa Doig)? I don't remember seeing her this season.

BTW' date=' what happened to Dr. Lam (Lexa Doig)? I don't remember seeing her this season.[/quote']Her and Jackson probably went to England together for a good shag ;)

...the CGI beasties looked like Resident Evil types Lickers' date=' ...[/quote']LICKERS, that's it! :cyclops:

Yeah, Lexa seems to have disappeared from the show - which is a shame, she was pretty hot and now they seem to have interchangable science people.

Vala as a character is really starting to irritate me and Landry has not enough dimensions to be a cardboard cutout.

I agree with the notion that it was supposed to be a comedy episode. Comedy/simple action.

it was definately a space killer but then again it is a break from the death and destruction that happens when the ori come round. the ep also brings the Goa'uld back into the picture, there was the ep with Baal but i wasnt sure if the trust was still opertaing or not. now we know.

Yeah, they kind of threw the trust up into the air... but as a friend pointed out to me - just why the hell would the US airforce deal with a threat like that? Sure, the Trust is something the SGC found out about but it's plain stupid to have SG-1 running around after the Trust like they're the ONLY people that could possibly fight them.

It's obvious they don't want to lose the Goauld though - well, not yet anyway. Which is kind of silly, they've been defeated and it's pretty much just Baal left. They ought to just finish 'em.

Yeah' date=' Lexa seems to have disappeared from the show - which is a shame, she was pretty hot and now they seem to have interchangable science people.[/quote']Well her (IRL) husband's still on the cast and her father (IC) is the General of the base so she will always have reason to visit.

Landry has not enough dimensions to be a cardboard cutout.
That gives me an idea