Needed: Linux user to help configure my server

NiteShdw

Help Wanted:

I need someone with good Linux experience and know-how to help me correctly set up my Linux server. The main thing I need help with is properly setting up the email system. I have tried to install Postfix, but I'm not experienced enough to know how to get it running properly.

My greatest goal would be to get a hosting Control Panel installed. I've found a few free ones, but I've been unable to get them working, especially since I'm not running Apache (though we can change to Apache if the Control Panel requires it).

If you think you can help, please let me know. I may be able to provide some form of compensation.

I really need this interface set up as well on Nite's server (I'm part of the reason he's asking for help getting this set up in the first place).

I may also be able to provide some compensation to whoever can pull the job off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just set up my linux server. Ubuntu, probably the easiest linux distro, except for the god damn email. It took me 3 weeks direct server access to get it to damn work and its still full of bugs. I tried 5 different tutorials. In the end, the one i used wasn't even complete and I had to manually find all the damn config errors.

To me, it's the only problem when setting up a linux server.

The tutorial that eventually worked was http://flurdy.com/docs/postfix/edition5.html

Nite, if you still need help, I have done this on both linux and freebsd. In my opinion, BSD is a better choice for servers, but you may not have that choice. :)

Either way, if you are still looking for help, I have done it before and should be able to get it running for you.

mike

PS I just realized that since I'm not signed in (or up...) you don't have contact info...

use mupi at wirelessbeehive dot com (with appropriate substitutions, of course) and let me know

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this issue fixed? if not I can help!

I've already help you secure your server back in feb. 06 and I have good knowledge of mail configuration under linux.

NicDex

email: nicolas [dot] dextraze [at] dexdo [dot] com