Battlestar Galactica 3x08

Hilander72

excellent episode besides the following issues:

1. The fact Helo is still XO bugs me to no end. Adama really needs to 'grow a pair' and stop covering up for his officers who are traitors to humanity.

2. It should have been 5 years ago that the flashbacks and mission occured not 3. Gaeta had served with Adama on Galactica for 3 years before the attack on the colonies. It's been almost two years since the attack. Therefore 2+3=5. If it was only 3 years prior the humanoid cylon models would already be on the colonies and adama would be serving on galactica with gaeta and tyrol and starbuck.

I think that Adama didn't really like the idea of genocide... but yeah, Adama probably ought to have at least slapped his wrist.

The numbers didn't really add up... I'm sure some explanation could be conceived of but I'm not overly worried.

What I'm more perplexed by is the fact the Cylons and Colonials seem to be able to just bump into each other in space all the time.

Enjoyable episode, overall.

Nice episode if you overlook some stuff. I liked it because of the Adama/Bulldog/Tigh plot. I think Bulldog could be a great addition to BSG. Starbuck cooperating with Tigh was interesting as well. However, the three years thing and (to a certain degree) the Valkyrie didn't make sense.

Bulldog's mission should have been conducted while Adama was commander of Galactica, but I guess the writers have said so many bad things about Galactica they had to come up with another Battlestar for Adama. After all, it'd be strange to entrust such a capital mission to a garbage like Galactica, wouldn't it? They just forgot to adjust the timing correctly.

D'Anna in bed with Baltar and Six was also very disturbing. Where the hell did that come from?! The scene brought back bad memories from the Apollo/Dualla relationship last season... Bulldog and the Cylon raiders simply bumping into the fleet also doesn't add up.

But if the Cylons know where Galactica is, why not just send a couple of base ships to take it out?

They could be scared of the virus of course, but then why didn't they run when Galactica turned up in its attempt to spread the virus.

And why did Bulldog talk about the virus wiping out the base ship? Either the Cylons would have to have a hugely elaborate plan to convince him of that, or they'd sacrifice an entire base ship with no resurrection to make him think that, or Bulldog's much more thoroughly in league with the Cylons and lied or was brainwashed.

I suppose one explanation is that not trusting Baltar, the Cylons want to track the Galactica to Earth. So they're not willing to destroy it, but don't want Adama in charge. They must have some other mole or tracking device on board.

First of all, there is no point in the cylons sending basestars to the fleets as the cylons know that they will just FTL out of there so it aint as simple as that.

This episode does kinda raise more questions than it answered. Like it roughly explains why the cylons attacked in the first place as they was probably provoked, saying that the cylons plan on attacking was years old as they had the people like 6 and boomer already in place.

Maybe the miltary wanted a fight with the cylons but got caught cold.

Also I didnt quite get why the clone cylon ordered a tin can to shot her.

They're sometimes a bit lazy with consistant backstory on this show, this being the biggest example.

I suppose the way to make sense of it would be to assume that the key members of Galactica's crew that knew each other for longer all transferred there together. But its still sloppy writing.

This episode brings back some of the 9/11 comparisons from the miniseries, with the issue of prior knowledge etc, overall done quite well. They also did a reasonably good job of making a previously unseen mockup CIC for the previous Battlestar, making up for the show's lack of ever having interesting new sets.

The Valkirye was pig ugly though.

Nice to see that Galactica has battlescars and a lot of them. :)

Gator could just have been back on Caprica for some well deserved RnR, visiting his sick mother or something else, but I agree it would have been better with a more solid backstory.

First D'Anna has wierd dreams and now she has visions at moment of 'death'/'downloading lag'. I'm kind of curious what this will lead up to, but I'm guessing it has something to do with Hera, the Profecy or both.

And Baltar sure knows how to pick 'em. He'll propably end up with a crowd of manipulating avatars messing with his mind. ;)