New Additions To Heroes

Centurion

Eccleston lands role in Heroes

November 17, 02:30 PM

By WENN

Christopher Eccleston is to star in US TV series Heroes after wowing US audiences with his portrayal of the Time Lord in cult TV show Doctor Who.

The 42-year-old actor is to appear in the US sci-fi drama, which sees a group of people unite to stop a nuclear explosion after realising they have superpowers, but bosses won't reveal which part he's signed on to play.

However, there are rumours the Gone In Sixty Seconds star could take the role of mystery serial killer Syler.

A show insider told newspaper Daily Star, "Chris is a fantastic actor and we're delighted to have him on board. No one has seen Syler and Christopher could be perfect as the bad guy."

Yahoo

Takei To Join NBC's 'Heroes'

November 18, 2006, 3:37 PM

By Michelle

George Takei (Sulu) will play time-traveler Hiro's father on NBC's hit series Heroes.

E! Online has reported that Takei will play the father of Hiro Nakamura, the young Japanese Star Trek fan who can move through time and space using only his will.

"This is absolutely brilliant," said Masi Oka, who plays the enthusiastic young time traveler bent on saving the world. "Hiro's father is this big honcho who shows up in America with his bodyguard. He has this whole elaborate scheme to...take him back to Japan."

"I just hope I get to say, 'Dad! Sulu is my hero, not you!'" added Oka. "The sci-fi fans would love it!"

Last Monday, E! Online's Kristin Veitch said that a face familiar to genre fans would be joining Heroes, where the ninth Doctor Who, Christopher Eccleston, will be be joining the cast as well.

The 69-year-old Takei will first appear in the January 29th cliffhanger episode.

TrekToday

I like what I see... :p

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah?

Well I hope Eccleston dies proto.. the series has gotten where it is today by being itself.

I hope to god that they don't feel the need to being 'names' into it.

Eccleston sucked anyway, and the fact that he took on such an iconic character then dumped it one season in, just reinforces my opinion.

Yeah?

Well I hope Eccleston dies proto.. the series has gotten where it is today by being itself.

I hope to god that they don't feel the need to being 'names' into it.

Eccleston sucked anyway, and the fact that he took on such an iconic character then dumped it one season in, just reinforces my opinion.

Well he quit because of the gruelling schedule during filming and he's not the kind of pissy Holywood actor that would walk out cause his beverage was too hot. Besides Piper walked out the next season after he did. Chris is the English equivalent of Bruce Campbell.

You'd better not watch too much then cause George Takei is in the next episode after Eccleston's intro.

So far there's not one character who's had much more screentime than the others and while he is Who #9 I don't think he'll get more. Besides he's only been signed for 6 episodes and there's what 9 or ten more

• 2 months later...

I love Bruce as much as the next guy, but Chris is a far more versatile actor. Just look at the wide varieties of characters he's played from Doctor Who to Cracker to 20 Days Later to Heroes. Whatever role Bruce takes he's always the same flippant person. Has he ever even played a bad guy (not including Bad Ash in ArmyofDarkness)?  They're both cool but they're not even in the same league. It's like comparing Rosie Grier to Pele (yes, I'm old).