Computer problem...

Guest c4evap

A friend sent me these pics of a reported computer problem...first, here's the text of the service call:

COMPUTER SUPPORT: "Hello, technical support - how can I help you"

LADY: Last night my computer started making a lot of hissing noise at me so I shut it down. This morning when I turned it on the computer started hissing and cracking, then started smoking and a bad smell, then nothing.

SUPPORT: I will have a technician come over first thing this morning, just leave the computer like it is so he can find the problem and fix it or change it out with another computer. Give me your address & phone number and the technician will be there just as soon as he can.

When the technician got there, the lady showed him where the computer was, said what happened to it. This is what the technician found wrong. Take a look at the pictures... you won't believe your eyes!!!

And you thought you had computer problems...

c4 - pictures follow...

01.jpg.f20bd290b978d6cfc6e70b824ec02457.jpg

02.jpg.5c0f985f0a7a864281cfec1462d11220.jpg

03.jpg.3797aedea07380ce4ba3d3a2d3610cf5.jpg

04.jpg.e372e770ac5d9d5cdd0d53db7c613586.jpg

Certainly not in America (PSU is 230V...). :p

LOL. Maybe that's why the snake got fried. I repair computers in my spare time and I've seen people switch to the higher (non-USA) power setting because they think it will give their computer more power. LOL...it sure does...

Hu-mons do some pretty stupid things...

c4 B)

...I've seen people switch to the higher (non-USA) power setting because they think it will give their computer more power. LOL...it sure does...

I know people that have done the opposite here in Sweden, even when there's a huge label covering the switch itself saying "Do NOT switch to 110V!!! This will cause DAMAGE to your computer!!! NOT covered by WARRANTY" in Swedish...

The fun part was teasing them afterwards and asking them while making a 'stupid' expression: "What happened to the really big and intensly red warning label?"

One guy actually though he could lower the power usage and save a buck. :cyclops:

Well I did make some money reparing the PSU's (30 min job, $60 for the work and 10 cents for the part :))

...I've seen people switch to the higher (non-USA) power setting because they think it will give their computer more power. LOL...it sure does...

I know people that have done the opposite here in Sweden, even when there's a huge label covering the switch itself saying "Do NOT switch to 110V!!! This will cause DAMAGE to your computer!!! NOT covered by WARRANTY" in Swedish...

The fun part was teasing them afterwards and asking them while making a 'stupid' expression: "What happened to the really big and intensly red warning label?"

One guy actually though he could lower the power usage and save a buck. :cyclops:

Well I did make some money reparing the PSU's (30 min job, $60 for the work and 10 cents for the part :))

I will admit that several years ago i did change the power switch on the computer (WHILE THE THING WAS ON) and the PSU blew out...

My dad was not happy... :D

I will admit that several years ago i did change the power switch on the computer (WHILE THE THING WAS ON) and the PSU blew out...

My dad was not happy... :D

"What happened to the really big and intensly red warning label?" :'stupid' expression: ;)

OK, I have to admit that I 'fried' a couple of PSU's (usually when in big hurry).

Worst ever was an external SCSI raid system (with 4 top of the line $1000 HD's). When extending internal power cables, I welded the wrong wires to the wrong voltages in the PSU (switched 12V and 5V) and negleted to test voltage before connecting HD's and turning on the system.

The result was a $1000 firework with 'soundseffects', smoke, darkness (fuse) and a stunned and awed customer... :o

(1 HD got fried along with the PSU)

SNAKES ON THE HARD DRIVE!

;)

that aint the hard drive thats the PSU

The correct word isn't aint - it's isn't. And SNAKES ON THE HARD DRIVE! sounds better.

c4 ~ Instructing others in the proper use of english since 1929 ;)

SNAKES ON THE HARD DRIVE!

;)

that aint the hard drive thats the PSU

The correct word isn't aint - it's isn't. And SNAKES ON THE HARD DRIVE! sounds better.

damn c4 i didnt know you was that old lol

damn c4 i didnt know you was that old lol

Oh snap! Did I type 1929? LOL. Brain fart. I meant 1829...

c4 ;)

• 2 weeks later...