New, much longer trailer for well meaning high profile fanfilm.

slug

Star Trek:Of God's And Men Trailer (about 5 mins, 40mb, MOV format

I have to say that its looking better than the previous trailer with some signs of some attempts at rousing performances. On the other hand it looks like it might be somewhat hamfisted, it still suffers from being shot on cheap looking DV and while the effects are something to look at, they still pale in comparison with, say, that Finnish 'Star Wreck' film, which had more or less industry standard amateur CGI.

Overall it seems like a respectable effort that may be much appreciated in the current climate.

Hopefully not in the same way as giving a glass of saltwater to a man lost in the desert.

I am SO excited and stoked about this upcoming download. Do we know yet the exact date of when the first episode will be available?

Unfortunately Im in N. California (behind the Redwood curtain) and only have dial-up internet. I will have to wait another 3 days till im in a more tech savy location to watch the trailer. However, I loved the first and so will probably be even more stoked about this one.

Man... I laughed, oh how I laughed. It REALLY looks cheap... and man, O'Hura looks old... not to mention the campy TOS set looks awful (which I suppose makes it accurate).

Nice to see they ripped off the tri-nacelle design from All Good Things... it seems to confirm that most Trek actors can't escape. I'm surprised Jonathan Frakes isn't in there, he's usually scrounging for money.

Man... I laughed, oh how I laughed. It REALLY looks cheap... and man, O'Hura looks old... not to mention the campy TOS set looks awful (which I suppose makes it accurate).

Nice to see they ripped off the tri-nacelle design from All Good Things... it seems to confirm that most Trek actors can't escape. I'm surprised Jonathan Frakes isn't in there, he's usually scrounging for money.

wow... that was an uplifting post. LOL

As for Uhura looking old... well.. she is old. The campy TOS is also what they are going for. If you do some research on the New Voyages youll see that they actually designed their sets using their original blueprints from the TOS.

As for the tri-nacelle design (?) im not even sure what youre talking about, but i dont see why its bad to use something from another Trek, seeing as this is Trek,

As for the money issue, i believe its a free endeavor.

I still need to watch the trailer... one more day till HS internet.

Nice to see they ripped off the tri-nacelle design from All Good Things... it seems to confirm that most Trek actors can't escape. I'm surprised Jonathan Frakes isn't in there' date=' he's usually scrounging for money.[/quote']

Jonathan Frakes is supposedly doing a bit part in an upcoming Castlevania movie, if IMDB's right. Not sure if I'm liking who's directing it, though.

Edit: Oh, wait... it's mentioned as 'rumored'. Given how suspect IMDB can be at times, I'd take that with a whopping big grain of salt.

Ok i finally watched it.

uh... it wasnt as awesome as Id thought. And the ship scenes really did look cheesy.

However, the special effects (- the ship scenes) looked real good and keeping in mind this is a fan created thing it looks great.

Im looking forward to watching the whole thing withouth the over the top music - its all going to come down to the strength of the story and the acting.

Sidenote- i did notice the use of a quote by Benjamin Franklin which, while is a good quote, seemed forced and out of place in a Star Trek film. I hope that this show doesnt pimp itself by traking to make some obvious polical statement.

Paul W.S. Anderson directing? Yeah, that's pretty much only trumped by Uwe Bolle in terms of "avoid that film" levels. They could just write bomb on it right now.

Uplifting? It's me here and to be honest, I'm more grounded than most of the lunatic fanboys this forum attracts... and I won't be hating on someone because they like a show, the inverse is not always true.

I'm aware of New Voyages... which I've seen MORE than enough of to know was awful. Kirk era is not something that should really be imitated.

The fact the clip seemed to emphasis hamtastic dramatic moments, "special" effects and (horribly cheap - were they from the ORIGINAL STAR WARS?!) explosions. Tim Russ at the end STRUGGLING TO.... ACT. Yeah, that cracked me up... I honestly don't think anyone but the Klingon guy did a good job and that's because Klingons do tend to emote by shouting... No 40 Year Old Ensign though... where was Cock or Schlong or Wang... or whatever his penis euphemism surname is in that click?

I thought you loved these guys?

And I swear that was the New Voyages Spock at the helm.

it is the New Voyages Spock.

the only role I found discouraging was that tim russ' role seems not to have changed.

I wpuld like to see more og Garrett Wangs role..

I thought you loved these guys?

And I swear that was the New Voyages Spock at the helm.

it is the New Voyages Spock.

the only role I found discouraging was that tim russ' role seems not to have changed.

I wpuld like to see more og Garrett Wangs role..

I have to agree - most of the acting was very good but Tim Russ just seemed to be exactly the same. I suppose if he's playing a vulcan again there isn't much he could really change...

I'd say "wow, these actors are scrapping the barrel." But let's face it, once you fall into sci-fi - very few escape it and let's face it, given the number of out of work actors... you're pretty lucky if you get a role that lasts you 7 years and lets you work the cons. Still, people saying the acting in that clip was good - well, I wonder if I was in a parallel universe.

Walter's acting in paticular was good. There were some dodgy moments but i think that's mainly down to the budget and the fact that these actors are still in Star Trek but playing different roles. It's like Kirk trying to play anything else but Kirk - it just doesn't happen.