Signatures

TFMF

New signature restrictions were put in place that restricts the number of characters allowed in your signature. We are also hoping to expand this to restrict the size of images in signatures as well. However you may have found that you're signature has been cut off - if so you will have to re-edit your signature. Sorry for the inconvenience.

At the moment the restriction of characters in signatures is set to: 800 characters

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see exactly how large your signature is by going to your Profile and then under Modify Profile choose Forum Profile Information.

Scroll down untill you find the signature section and just under the signature editing box you will see the number of characters you are allowed and the number of characters you have left in your signature..

Your signature is broken because some tags are not terminated properly (color and bold tags, in no less than 5 different locations, also size tag), you cannot add them all since then you would exceed the char size limit.

your posts are affected since the bb codes cannot be properly rendered if they make no sense to the interpreter, they are rendered per post and sigs along with the rest of the post, that explains that. :)

you'll need a sig edit

That is just weird...

This afternoon everything was just going fine I still remember.

I have no definate idea what could be causing it (only 1 thing comes to mind, the half finished spoiler modification, but that would surprise me, I didn't change anything about signatures or bb codes since last night).

I just verified that it is not working for any user except admin. I also verified that they were still working at 1600gmt, since then they were still used.

Allready parsed code remains in existence, new bbc codes are no longer parsed.

I just checked what I did before and after that time and everything I did after that time has absolutely nothing to do with parsing a topic.

One thing that does have to do with that however, is the spoiler tag TFMF installed, if it has anything to do with that I don't know what I can do about that now. I didn't install it, so I don't know what went on with that entirely. Now, I'm not saying that is causing the problem, but I wouldn't know what else it could be. Since it's the only thing related to the problem...

These things happen when upgrading/adding new features.

If it's the new spoiler tags, then TFMF is getting -Q's for the next 12 hours. ;)

Plain text still works fine. :)

Testing Bold (7th time on request)

Note:

I remember that I did a tiny change to my signature to night, before I noticed there was something wrong woth the BBCode...

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the spoilers, since that isn't installed anymore.

It wasn't anything before global announcements either, since them people could still post parsed bbc's...

Anything in between is a mystery to me, since on the test board those are all installed too and there ordinary members can post parsed bbc's without a problem...

I tried resetting all bbc's, but that didn't work.

If only admins can use BBcode, then may I be bold enough to suggest that someone (likely NiteShdw :P ) accidentelly set the permission for BBcode usage for admins only, thinking it was some thing else? maybe the check box for "Admin cpanel" was placed right next to "BBcode" and the wrong box got hit.

Lord knows that after hours of scripting / configging I've done the exact same thing.

I really can't find what's wrong, I've uninstalled the partially installed last modification, I've reset all the bbc permissions (first set all to disallow, then set all to allow).

I triend looking in the code for permission fumbles, couldn't find anything.

The thing is, it was working perfectly a few hourse before Hilander72 mentioned it ([MM] mentioned it too at about the same time. The last time I can see where it still finctioned was before the installation of the global announcement mod. After that nobody used bbc anymore 'till the first 'complaint' came in. So it happened somewhere in between, the funny thing is, everything that was installed since then has been installed on the test board for a while and non-admins can use bbc's without a problem on them, exact same mods (and more even).

I have no idea what caused this to happen. Tomorrow I will try a gradual uninstallation of all modifications up untill the modification before which I am 100% certain that it still functioned (if nobody has a better idea). If it still doesn't function then, I'm going to be really clueless and we're going to have a serious problem... :(