Problems with the new skin or the portal.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't IE7 available for just about anyone by now, in all languages?

Yes however in my case i'm at school and don't have permissions to upgrade. Also there are many people who aren't happy with IE7. I haven't upgraded to it at home either. Of course opera is my main browser anyway and i have no problems with that.

Well, the ads are back in place. :)

I don't know who is in charge of the positioning of the ads, but you might want to have them in the same places as before... Mainly the top right. Currently, I don't see the ads unless I scroll all the way to bottom. And the ads on the left could also be moved up... Just some suggestions... played around with ad placements on a bunch of sites trying to figure out the best positioning for them

They are placed at 3 different positions.

top right

middle left

bottom center

you should be able to see all three of those

if you can see the bottom one, you should also be able to see the top one, since they are governed by the same permission, the left one is seperate, but it even shows to guests and so do the other 2. If I logout I can still see all three of them...

so I can't say why you can't see them, since I can see them when going over the forum as guest...

Can anybody else reproduce ank's problem?

EDIT: oh, I just noticed, you can collapse that section where the ad is placed, maybe you've collapsed it?

the other 2 areas can't be collapsed though.

the top one can also easily be placed at a location where it can't be collapsed, but then it does become a bit intrusive, don't know if that is such a good idea, don't want to scare people away...

I can disable the collapsing of that area (top right) should it be necessary...

It takes some time to get used to the new forum and all the new added/changed features.

Still there are some small detail to that needs attention, but I'm confident that TetsuoShima and TFMF will iron out all the little wrinkles, given time.

Now that I've played around for a couple of days it's starting to almost feel like 'home' again. :D

I've given the left side of the post view a complete overhaul and while I was at i I found another few bugs I fixed. There should be less useless space now and a better overall look and a nice mouseover gimmick (that was present before too, it just wasn't coded correct, aka, that was one of the bugfixes).

Hope you like the new look. :)

i have recently been working on color schemes and have some software i have developed for picking coordinated schemes, it is work in progress but it does work, any members want to evaluate it send me a pm i will try to get it mailed to you.

ps it is written for .net 2 so you may need to download the .net framework 2 in order to use it and it has no help files yet but is easy to use. the software will also reduce images down to any amount of colors using several color reduction algorithms so might be useful for shrinking avatars or thumbnails and the like.

[me=TetsuoShima]returns from table-hell...[/me]

That was a lot of trouble, finding a way to make the Q votes look acceptably good on a single line and then trying to make it work. I tried a lot of different scenarios and when I found one that looked ok, it just wouldn't render correctly. Had to do it the 'brute force' way...

But it looks acceptable I think...

Hope everybody like what I did with the thing, if not, trow some suggestions, I'm all out of inspiration. :)