Donations!!!!

Update, Dec 11th: Donation system configured, accepting donations now. :)

---

I will shortly be installing a piece of software for handling donations to NiteShdw.

The software is configured by default to donate to a real person (the mod creator) and not NiteShdw.

DONATION SYSTEM ACTIVE!

Have fun handling your donations, from now on you can keep track of your own NiteShdw spendings. :D

UPDATE, Dec 10th: Donations has been installed, but still needs configuring.

Update, Dec 11th: Donation system configured, accepting donations now. :)

Is there any special bonus options that can be set for donators? like, the person that donates the most for dec gets some sort of account upgrade / karma reset / limited mod abilities? That'd be neat if people could get some kind of special perk for donating.

Good idea!

For now there isn't though, there isn't any link between the donation function and other items (besides the profile).

I think it is possible to extract the info and use if for such a thing, but that would mean writing a new mod that in a somewhat different way allready exists:

payed subscriptions:

- this allows for a user to recieve a new membergroup upon donation for a set period of time, the fact that they get a new membergroup gives a lot of opportunity for such rewards. That mod is currently not yet very stable I'm told.

We could allways work with the current mod and add some extra's to it, but I wouldn't expect for those to appear tomorrow. :D

I am not sure but I think this:

You should also modify "Payment Receiving Preferences" in your "Profile" area.

• Check your option for "Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:".

• You should set this to the second option "No, accept them and convert them...".

Failure to do this means you will have to manually confirm each payment within your PayPal account and the donation will NOT show on your site.

Is to blame, I guess NiteShdw still has to set these things in his paypal account. If that isn't the issue, then I have no clue..

I've been debugging the Paypal thing today.  It's not accepting Pending transactions, only "Completed".  I made a few changes but I won't know if it worked until another donation comes in, or my 'sandbox' accounts get updated (fake paypal accounts for testing).