Battlestar Galactica 3x12 - Rapture

Hilander72

[move]Spoiler Alert ... ... ... This thread is a discussion about above and below mentioned episode and may contain spoilers ... ... ... Spoiler Alert ... ... ... You have been warned ... ... ...[/move]

rapturesmallae6.jpg

Off topic nonsense is in violation of Colonial Law and will be dealt with accordingly.

Air Date: Sunday January 21 (on

SciFi)

With the Galactica outgunned by four Cylon base ships, and the Colonial forces on the ground being flanked by a platoon of Cylon Centurions, how far will Admiral Adama go to keep the Cylons from capturing the artifact that shows the way to Earth? And will Apollo put the mission at risk to save the downed Starbuck  or let the woman he loves die?

• 1 month later...

Yes, Starbuck is probably the chosen one. I wish they had shown the face of one of the "final five", though. By the end of the episode, I was thinking to myself, "Hey, I'm watching BSG or Lost!" They certainly offered more questions than answers in this ep.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it! ;D Lots of plots, action and special effects. Now we have Baltar, Caprica Six and Hera on board Galactica. Let's see how those storylines play out! I just hope this wasn't the last time we've seen D'Anna...

Highly enjoyable, was intresting to see six actually coming to galactica, makes you wonder how they will treat her, obviously she was scared.

Its quite possible that starbuck could be the chosen one, and if so then a cylon.  But it may not be that simple.  Boomers child i feel has something more to do wth this, what we dont know yet.

One thing that has always struck me is how hard they find it to kill a tin can, surely they would of developed a suitable weapon as at the moment its mainly only explosives that do the trick.

Anyway a highly recomended episode and like what has already been said ended up asking more questions than answering!! sheer wonderful episode!!

Very good episode and worth waiting for. :)

The only 'bad' thing about this episode is that I felt 'overloaded' with everything that was going on, almost to the point of becoming a 'big mess'. It felt like they made two episodes and crammed it all into this one by leaving out some of the fillings. (@gatefan: I thought about Lost too  ::))

D'Anna was destined to be boxed (contract), although she still might get out and reappear in season 4. Does that mean that the Cylons populous has been reduced by 1/7 or will a new model take her place?

The 'mystery' of who did D'Anna see in the temple still remains unanswerd... (@Arktis: :-X)

The wierdest part was when Helo had to kill/reinstall his wife, Sharon Agathon, so that she could go/download and see their daughter, Hera. Separtion anxiety is sometimes though to understand, especially when you have unusual 'Cylon travelling' options. ;)

another thing (damn so much goes on you cant always remember) was agatha actaully serious about trying to stay on the basestar before boomer tried to kill her daughter.

and another question, is what the hell are they going to do with baltar, if they follow TOS then he will escape at some point and re-join the cylons or are they going to change that?

We also still aint a clue who the final cylons are, most likely at least one main character as well as possibly starbuck (might be a red heron)....damn always so much going on in this show....guess thats why we really love it.

I supose having Guyuss as one of the 5 would be too obvious  ;) What (lucy lawless) model said really made me think, who did she talk to or treat badly on new caprica....maybe starbuck, you'know when she blows off her knees, ouch.... I don't want to sound like Tenebrae when i say it does seem a little, well not a little a lot coincidental that it be her model number that would see the final 5 and that it would not make her mad oh no but actually kill her :o so she cant tell guyus then when shes ressurected that her model number becomes defunct, i know they're writing to contract changes and so forth but i personally felt they relied on the "tell us dammit" too much and purposely kept it too ambiguous which really killed the moment for me.

*breathes*

The whole sun blowing up was cool, overall if alll of the above is ignored i really enjoyed it

BSG is a very complex show! :) I'd just like to know what the final Cylon models have to do with the 13th tribe... Have the "final five" followed their steps after breaking away from the other Cylons? If so, will we find them on Earth? :o

About Starbuck, I'm not sure she's a Cylon. D'Anna is/was a Cylon, and the Eye of Jupiter rejected her. So, if Starbuck is really the one who will unlock the Eye secret, she must be something else... Another hybrid, perhaps?

BTW, I've said many times on other BSG threads that Baltar was a Cylon and so on, but, after the latest eps, I've also changed my mind. When the character himself starts believing he's something, you can be almost sure he's not. Now I'm more along the lines of Roslin or Adama. Let's wait and see!

I now think Ty is a Cylon. When #3 says she is sorry he's the only character I can think of. He was held, tortured for days, and had his eye yanked out. And he absolutely HATES Cylons. In a way, it makes perfect sense. He's the last guy I would suspect.

I now think Ty is a Cylon. When #3 says she is sorry he's the only character I can think of. He was held, tortured for days, and had his eye yanked out. And he absolutely HATES Cylons. In a way, it makes perfect sense. He's the last guy I would suspect.

you also could say the same of the president and adama,

Well I was a little disappointed that the cliffhanger fizzled out in the first ten minutes but a lot of action throughout more than made up for it.

Actually the first ten minutes also had some of the most beautiful orbital maneuvers I have seen in any sci-fi show with the way Galactica turned to direct the launch tubes towards the planet surface. The details like the pitch and rotation along with the battle damage on some of the panels... magnificent.

The whole temple thing has me convinced that the Chief is a Cylon. The fact he 'couldn't do it' (couldn't as opposed to wouldn't) and felt connected to the place just seems like he's either a final five or a descendent.

D'Anna being boxed just kinda soils it a little because she's seen the final five and now we are denied, yet again, to know it. Not bad per-sae but I hope it's revealed soon otherwise it will turn into another Lost. Would certainly make a cliffhanger to end the season on. The way she apologised perhaps Doc Cottle is that one... well it doesn't have to be someone that was tortured, only someone D'Anna mistreated or berated.

Very good, interesting episode, good job all round.

you also could say the same of the president and adama,

You can? When were they tortured?

Adama was shot by sharon, and roslin was also imprisoned on new caprica, when she said sorry she didnt realise they where one of the last 5 cylons they could of ment many things.

Xena Cylon is dead :( Rachel will not be pleased when I tell her.

Yeah, good episode they mixed things up a bit... Baltar and the baby back.

One question - why are they using weapons that are so MONUMENTALLY ineffective against the centurions? I'm sure that in the first season, Helo only needed a few rounds from his sidearm to their face to drop one. Just wondering.

Xena Cylon is dead :( Rachel will not be pleased when I tell her.

Yeah, good episode they mixed things up a bit... Baltar and the baby back.

One question - why are they using weapons that are so MONUMENTALLY ineffective against the centurions? I'm sure that in the first season, Helo only needed a few rounds from his sidearm to their face to drop one. Just wondering.

yeah thats what i said as well, only way to kill em is hit them with expolsives and then maybe afew 5.56mm round afterwards, surely they need to develop better hand held weapons as the toasts always kick there butts

]

Adama was shot by sharon, and roslin was also imprisoned on new caprica, when she said sorry she didnt realise they where one of the last 5 cylons they could of ment many things.

For dramatic purposes, it would be much more effective for Ty to be a Cylon than either of those two. Both Adama and Roslin hate Cylons, as do most humans on the show, but they're too deadpan. Ty has taken his anger and aggression to a whole other level. From what we've seen, Adama and Roslin would have a much easier time coming to terms with being a Cylon than he would, which is why it would be interesting. Anyways, Adama had two sons. If he was a toaster that would most likely mean that Apollo is one as well.

]

For dramatic purposes, it would be much more effective for Ty to be a Cylon than either of those two. Both Adama and Roslin hate Cylons, as do most humans on the show, but they're too deadpan. Ty has taken his anger and aggression to a whole other level. From what we've seen, Adama and Roslin would have a much easier time coming to terms with being a Cylon than he would, which is why it would be interesting. Anyways, Adama had two sons. If he was a toaster that would most likely mean that Apollo is one as well.

Not only that but we always suspected Tys wife for being the cylon which let him get by us up til now.....I wonder what he would do if it was him, he claims to hate cylons so much.

I just had a thought why cant both Adama, Roslin,starbuck,ty + someone else all be cylons we're only guessing the one that Xena cylon saw, remember there are 5 to think about

I guess just watch it and let it all fold out, saying that I would think who ever is a cylon it probably be one of the least expected characters you would think of, I dont actuallt think it is ty, why? he has all this anger and hatered built up towards the cylones, which is surely a human weakness.