Gaming server lag issue?

Guest Keyser Soze

Guest Keyser Soze

Didn't really know where to put this but I found your Counter-Strike: Source server last night and while I loved it's setup, maps and all that I also discovered it was a tad laggy.

It might of been on my end but since I was fine in other games till I hit your server perhaps its something you should look into.

hmm...all maps have been fully tested with several players in the game and no lag has been reported.

Did the lag occur on a specific map or on all the maps you played? If so, which one?

And yes, you posted in the right forum :)

Another person is running a several instances of a different steam server on this machine. He's in the process of ironing out some bugs atm, so the lag shouldn't be around that much longer.

Thanks for the heads up, I thought you were just a myth - a story that crooks told their kids at night to scare them :)

Guest Keyser Soze

hmm...all maps have been fully tested with several players in the game and no lag has been reported.

Did the lag occur on a specific map or on all the maps you played? If so, which one?

I don't know the exact name but it was the hostage rescue map where the CT forces are attacking a farmhouse to get the hostages. There is a "hidden" tunnel into the back of the property by the silos.

Does that help at all?

And yes, you posted in the right forum :)

Good to know. I always hate joining forums and posting in the wrong area right off the spot.

Another person is running a several instances of a different steam server on this machine. He's in the process of ironing out some bugs atm, so the lag shouldn't be around that much longer.

Ah sweet. Like I said, you got a great server so up until I hit the lag I was thinking about making it my new home. I can't wait to get back to it once you guys work everything out.

Thanks for the heads up, I thought you were just a myth - a story that crooks told their kids at night to scare them :)

No problem. It is true that I keep myself low to the ground but in this case a good CS server is hard to find so it was enough to get me to pop up long enough to pass along my issues before I vanish for good once again.  ;) :P

Ah yes, the mission you have described is probably the only mission that has a slight lag on it. It was recently updated to reduce the lag. I can assure you that that's probably the only map you'll notice a lag on. We recently performed some updates to several maps which  were slightly laggy to make them run better.

CS_mill (I think the map's called) may be taken out of the rotation if it remains laggy.