What manga does everyone read around here?

Guest Keyser Soze

Guest Keyser Soze

Seems the server hiccup has caused us to start over again.

So, once more What manga does everyone read around here?

I'm currently reading Naruto only and now I'm into the Naruto-Gaara fight during the Chuunin exams(chapt 135 to be exact) and although I'm ahead with my anime viewing(I'm at the "finding Tsunade" arc) it's still quite enjoyable.

Still awaiting the next manga chapter here... and yes, the manga is still way ahead of the anime at this point, but that was why they threw in the 'Sea of Filler' in the first place. ^^ ... it's gonna take at least a year (and probably more) before the anime catches up to the manga.

... and, I repeat, unless you like lots of sex, nudity, gore, and variable female proportioning at the same time, avoid Gantz. (Seriously, other than one character, women in Gantz vary in anatomy from slightly higher than normal to humongous between frames! >_<)

Oh, wait... that's probably encouraging people to read it, isn't it? -_-'

Edit: I'm currently reading Berserk, and even though the violence and sex is rather high (nowhere near the state of Gantz, of course, except for in one or two places), the story seriously kicks arse and often the sex and nudity isn't gratuitous. ^^

Guest Keyser Soze

Still awaiting the next manga chapter here... and yes, the manga is still way ahead of the anime at this point, but that was why they threw in the 'Sea of Filler' in the first place. ^^ ... it's gonna take at least a year (and probably more) before the anime catches up to the manga.

I've been warned and told which episode to stop watching at and then to skip to the end(220) and then to jump into Naruto Shippuuden.

and yes, I've been told there are some good things to look forward to in the manga(naruto vs Orochimaru, Kakashi Gaiden and the recent Naruto vs Akatsuki fight).

Edit: I'm currently reading Berserk, and even though the violence and sex is rather high (nowhere near the state of Gantz, of course, except for in one or two places), the story seriously kicks a##e and often the sex and nudity isn't gratuitous. ^^

What's the difference between the manga of Berserk and the anime?

Basically, the anime version of Berserk covers the 'Golden Age' arcs... and then stops when it gets back to present day.  The manga keeps following him on his quest for revenge, and he picks up an entirely new set of companions on his way.  Also, the manga is more violent than the anime... but also covers the story better.  It's definitely a great story, but it's NOT for kids. ^^

well the only manga i had read was a yugioh i got for my birthday a few years back, i didnt know what really to start on so i got xxxholic volume 1 and tsubasa reservoir chronical, i've only just started reaing xxxholic today and its pretty awsome so i might continue with it