NiteShire 3 - In the Federation, No One can hear you SCREAM!

gathererhade

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like having no com's working i think it should be a priority to fix the short and midrange scanners as without these we are both flying blind and unable to communicate with the crew outside the ship doing repairs. A small strip of wire should suffice to provide a rudimentary internal communication system.

lol must be a dream... theres a philosophical idea for a debate. Do you dream while in cryogenic suspension, my guess is no but maybe some kind of superconductor activity comes into place! if you do do you dream that it's cold or does the mind take you to sunnier climes.

Captain's Log, Supplemental:

The Chief Engineer has begun a preliminary inspection of the outer hull.  The damage to pod 10 is extremely suspicious and exhibits signs of external tampering.  I have intructed the First Officer to bring the entire crew out of suspension.  Pod 10, and the body of QueenSPOCK will be placed in the morgue within a statis field and force field for protection and later examination.

I have ordered the doctor to check the crew's health and then begin an autopsy of the body.

We must get the crew back to their stations in order to begin a full scale investigation of this incident.

Cryo-storage pod 10 has failed.

Arktis, inhabits pod 11.

Whoa... I came very close to death!  :o

Shall I take my station on the bridge, or is there somewhere else I should be at this time?  At times like these, I have no clear duties.

As ship's counselor, I suggest that a crew briefing on the current situation and what is expected from each of us should take place as soon as possible.  It will ease some of the negative emotions and uncertainty caused by recent events.

Bones2097 starts examining the body of QueenSPOCK.  It isn't easy as Sickbay is on level 4, and full lighting has not been restored yet.  The emergency lighting is casting strange shadows around the room.

He notices that the blood in Pod 10 must have has come from one of the cryo-pod's connections, which was ripped out just before death.  His hand held medical tricorder (which is all that currently functions, as medical scanners are off-line) notes that there is a small hole in the back of QueenSPOCK's head.  Upon investigation, it appears that QueenSPOCK's brain mass is only 80% of what it should be.

Until medical scanners are restored, a definite conclusion can't be reached, but it appears that certain areas of QueenSPOCK's brain are missing...

Bones2097 recommends a thorough investigation of Pod 10 to see if anything mechanical could have caused this.

In following up the hole in the hull, TetsuoShima does an inspection of the area on Deck 3 where the hole is.

It is clear loss of life support has occurred due to the hull puncture - allowing air to escape.  Patching the hole and re-pressurising the deck should be all that's needed to make the deck habitable again - a god thing too, as his cabin, along with the rest of the crew's is on deck 3.

He notices that lodged in the inner hull is a small object.  It is hollow.  While it looks similar to a small rock, he's not sure that's what it is.  But he can't quite put his finger on what it is the object reminds him of.

The strange thing is, he would have expected the deflector shields to have prevented something like this from hitting the hull...

Captain.  There are a lot of things that need fixing aboard ship - but they can't all be fixed at once.  It will take time.  You, your Chief of Operations (COO) and the Chief Engineer need to work out what order you want to repair things in.  I can let you know how long each task will take.

Now that the crew are all awake, please feel free to ask me questions about what's going on, and what you are doing.

If you do, you may get some info that is of use to you all.

After awaking from my pod, i realise somthing terrible has happened. The replicators are offline! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh yes and QueenSpock tragically died...

Well Captain, what shall we repair first? I say we restore the critical systems first. Replicators and Holodecks?

;D

Hmmm, given that deck 3 has effectively been sealed off, repairing the damage there should not be our first priority (more like make it a secondary priority).

We are essentially 'flying blind' for the moment. We have no idea where we are exactly. I would recommend we make reparing the ships sensors and navigation our first priority! A full inspection of the logs would be preferable too. Maybe we can dig up something that explains some of this mess.

Further, brains don't just dissapear. So finding QueenSpock's brain remnants (this sooo very much reminds me of a TOS episode ;D ), should be a priority too. For this, internal sensors would be very helpfull. Finding whatever happened to her brain may help us find out whatever happened to her. Also scientific scanners may be necessary to determine what that weird object is, I found lodged in the inner hull on deck 3.

So, to be brief, to me it seems we need internal sensors, medical/scientific sensors, external sensors, logs, repair hull and life support on deck 3, communications, food replicators (depending on whether or not we can get the rest done in 18 days), somewhat in that order. Oh, and maybe put warp engines in there somewhere. :)

I agree with TetsuoShima completely maybe theres a planet nearby with an atmosphere on it where we can park the ship so that it can be worked on without using up our valuable oxygen supply. Also do we not have a Eden deck where we have a supply of freshly grown food? i for one get fed up with the somewhat 'Artificial' flavour of replicated food and you just don't know what it was before. as communications officer i suggest i remain on the Bridge and in contact with the external workforce during repairs. I'm not very good at the space walking thing, thats why i became a communications officer and not a red shirted person.

Communications Officers log.

These next few days are going to prove very hard having no communications onboard the ship makes me feel redundant. My supply of MP3 files however has remained intact so securing a position on the bridge will ensure i can listen to my antiquated collection of late 20th century earth music. maybe the crew need some light relief after the tragic demise of QUEENSPOCK. I will consult the Counselor on the possibility of using music on the internal com's system to relieve the tension and out of respect for QUEENSPOCK who i believe also had a taste for late 20th century earth music too.

Ensign Hilander72 parks his behind at the Helm trying to figure out if the Navigation Sensors are still operational...

Since we only have impulse power (ie we are not going anywhere for a while) the priority should be to restore all life support systems.

Counselor's personal log:

With nothing to do for the moment, I've taken the liberty of retiring to my quarters for some rest.  I can't seem to sleep however... something is nagging at me.

Computer, pause recording.  Lights.

Computer,  I have several inquiries.  First, check the access logs to the medical supplies.  Also, what is required to tamper with the logs for the stasis tubes and the medical supplies, and who is capable of that?  For that matter, who is capable of tampering with any logs, no matter how trivial?  Additionally, who was the last person into stasis, and were there any unusual requests made before then?

While you're working on that, please play some Brahms... random selection... something light.

Make this information available to the entire crew.  That is all.

Hade9001:  Captain.  My estimates for critical repairs are as follows, based on the abilities of the remaining 10 members of the crew...

Repairing Deck 3 with full life support = 9 hours (4 crew)

Repairing internal sensors (50%) = 6 hours (5 crew)

Repairing internal sensors (75%) = 8 hours (6 crew)

Repairing external sensors (50% - sufficient for warp 2) = 6 hours (5 crew)

Repairing external sensors (75% - sufficient for warp 5) = 10 hours (6 crew)

Repairing Communications = 9 hours (4 crew)

Repairing Sick Bay = 4 hours (3 crew)

Repairing Food replicators = 8 hours (2 crew)

Repairing industrial replicators (ie the big ones that can manufacture large parts) = 20 hours (4 crew)

Repairing the Holosuite = 12 hours (2 crew)

And the bad news...

Repairing warp engines (to Warp 5 max) = 8 days (6 crew)

You can not speed up the process by allocating more crew to a task, as they either don't have the necessary skills, or else they'll start getting in eachother's way.  The Chief Engineer is not factored into the manpower required for any of these tasks as it is expected he will oversee all of them.  If he does work on a job full-time he will reduce the amount of time necessary to complete it by 20%, but all other jobs being done at the same time will take 25% longer.

We do not have the parts to fully repair internal and external sensors, and with warp engines off-line do not have the power to replicate them.  Without industrial replicators back on-line, however, repairs to internal and external sensors beyond 50% capacity is not possible.

External sensors have been rebooted & we appear to have 10% functionality.  That is sufficient for navigation at ½ impulse speed, and detecting incoming objects at a distance of 1,000,000 miles.

Internal sensors have also been rebooted.  We have 15% functionality at this time, meaning I can give you the current location of any crew member wearing a comm badge.

On full impulse power we are currently 20 days from our mission target of Okami.  We know little about it other than it is geologically stable and has an atmosphere close to Earth standard.

Megalith.  The NiteShire is a relatively small ship (full crew compliment was 11), so no hydroponics section.  You do, however have seeds, etc, for use when you make planet fall.

Erm, Arktis - you may have problems using your quarters - it's on deck 3 which has no life support...  ;)

Computer Hade9001:

Are members of the crew suffering from oxygen deprivation? Hallucinations seem to be occurring. I just woke up from cryo-suspension and have already heard reports of a death and people wandering in areas with no life support. Is it possible I may return to the bridge yet? What duties do I need to perform at this time? Internal sensors seem to be needed as a priority to check for further ship damage.

Captain:

Requesting duty on internal sensor repair. Additional 5 crew members needed for 75% chance of success. Hade9001 says this will take 8 hours.

hmmm now is it 10ximpulse=warp 1, i really should have paid more attention in the academy. if so then warp 2 means we can reach our destination in 1 day after completing the repairs taking 6 hours. i think our best chance of survival is on Okami. At least we will have breatheable air and can finish repairs on the planet. mind you the planet may pose bigger problems with unknown lifeforms

Computer Hade9001:

Additional 5 crew members needed for 75% chance of success. Hade9001 says this will take 8 hours.

Erm, the 75% relates to the functionality you will get.  So in this case sensors will be operating at 75% of capacity.  Unfortunately, without the big replicators you won't be able to make repairs to that degree anyway.  At the moment, 50% functionality is the best you can get.

Aren't priorities fun?  ;D

Unless you're wandering on Deck 3, no.  No oxygen deprivation.  There are possible short term cryo-suspension side effects.  Nothing to worry about, though.  Maybe you should talk to the Doctor about it if you're worried.  It'll take his mind off his stomach!  ;)

Yeah, Mega.  I think those figures are about right - without checking my Trek reference stuff.  you were quite close to your destination when the ion storm hit.  Can't help bad luck...[br]Posted on: 16-03-2007, 00:10:56

if so then warp 2 means we can reach our destination in 1 day after completing the repairs taking 6 hours.

Erm only problem there, Megalith, is repairing warp engines is 8 days...  But you can repair the sensors allowing you to travel that fast in 6 hours.  :)

Erm, the 75% relates to the functionality you will get.  So in this case sensors will be operating at 75% of capacity.  Unfortunately, without the big replicators you won't be able to make repairs to that degree anyway.  At the moment, 50% functionality is the best you can get.

Aren't priorities fun?  ;D

Unless you're wandering on Deck 3, no.  No oxygen deprivation.  There are possible short term cryo-suspension side effects.  Nothing to worry about, though.  Maybe you should talk to the Doctor about it if you're worried.  It'll take his mind off his stomach!  ;)

Computer Hade9001:

My mistake. I'll re-issue a request for the 4 others needed to get 50% functionality of those sensors.

I'm having no problems or unnecessary concerns myself. Arktis thought he was in his cabin on deck 3 which is impossible. Hilander thought he was wandering around on the bridge without knowing if it had atmosphere or damage. Where is the ship's doctor any way? He should have noticed that.

for those wondering, I'm standing in the corridor, outside of the cargo bay.

Captain:

Hade9001 has corrected my information on internal sensor repairs. Besides myself, we need only 4 others to make repairs in 6 hours. As communication will be down longer than that, requesting Megalith assist in repairs on sensors. His wiring knowledge may prove beneficial. Do we have any red shirts to carry supplies?

Science Officer out....