NiteShire 3 - In the Federation, No One can hear you SCREAM!

gathererhade

Glad you asked, TFMF...

The NiteShire is a small ship, with only 6 decks.

Deck 1:  The Bridge, Captain's ready room, conference room, etc

Deck 2:  Crew work areas.  Xenobiology room, astral navigation suite, councilor's suite (Arktis you can go here, if you'd like to access the computer  ;)), etc

Deck 3:  Crew living quarters & some storage

Deck 4:  Recreation area.  The Galley, holosuite, gymnasium, pool room, etc.  Also the Sick Bay

Deck 5:  Main engineering & large storage areas.

Deck 6:  Cargo bays 1 & 2.  In 1 are your cryo-pods, and lots more besides.  In 2 is a two man shuttle (operational status currently unknown).

Amnot borg.  Your red shirt is already dead.  You do have Kyran as the (motley) crew.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hade 9001:  This data is not available.  It appears to have been lost in the ion storm.  A manual stock take is recommended.[br]Posted on: 16-03-2007, 00:13:29

In other words, if you want something, you tell me.  If I think it appropriate you'll find it.

* Ensign Hilander72 sits at the Helm, pushing buttons like a maniac.

Activating Navigation Sensors Diagnostics...

Activating Deflector Shield Diagnostics...

Activating Impulse Engine Diagnostics...

Activating Counter Strike and plays a few hours... ;)

* Ensign Hilander72 leans back in his comfortable chair at the Helm and takes a nap, while waiting for orders from the Captain.

Hade9001:  Captain.  My estimates for critical repairs are as follows, based on the abilities of the remaining 10 members of the crew...

Repairing Deck 3 with full life support = 9 hours (4 crew)

Repairing internal sensors (50%) = 6 hours (5 crew)

Repairing internal sensors (75%) = 8 hours (6 crew)

Repairing external sensors (50% - sufficient for warp 2) = 6 hours (5 crew)

Repairing external sensors (75% - sufficient for warp 5) = 10 hours (6 crew)

Repairing Communications = 9 hours (4 crew)

Repairing Sick Bay = 4 hours (3 crew)

Repairing Food replicators = 8 hours (2 crew)

Repairing industrial replicators (ie the big ones that can manufacture large parts) = 20 hours (4 crew)

Repairing the Holosuite = 12 hours (2 crew)

And the bad news...

Repairing warp engines (to Warp 5 max) = 8 days (6 crew)

You can not speed up the process by allocating more crew to a task, as they either don't have the necessary skills, or else they'll start getting in eachother's way.  The Chief Engineer is not factored into the manpower required for any of these tasks as it is expected he will oversee all of them.  If he does work on a job full-time he will reduce the amount of time necessary to complete it by 20%, but all other jobs being done at the same time will take 25% longer.

We do not have the parts to fully repair internal and external sensors, and with warp engines off-line do not have the power to replicate them.  Without industrial replicators back on-line, however, repairs to internal and external sensors beyond 50% capacity is not possible.

External sensors have been rebooted & we appear to have 10% functionality.  That is sufficient for navigation at ½ impulse speed, and detecting incoming objects at a distance of 1,000,000 miles.

Internal sensors have also been rebooted.  We have 15% functionality at this time, meaning I can give you the current location of any crew member wearing a comm badge.

On full impulse power we are currently 20 days from our mission target of Okami.  We know little about it other than it is geologically stable and has an atmosphere close to Earth standard.

Megalith.  The NiteShire is a relatively small ship (full crew compliment was 11), so no hydroponics section.  You do, however have seeds, etc, for use when you make planet fall.

Erm, Arktis - you may have problems using your quarters - it's on deck 3 which has no life support...   ;)

Okay, so if I interpret this correctly, the only correct order for us to get 100% external sensors, is:

1. external sensors 50%

2. industrial replicators

3. external sensors 75%

4. warp engines (since you say:"with warp engines off-line do not have the power to replicate them")

5. ... 100%

Anyway, 100% external sensors seems unnecessary to me, we can worry about getting everything back in full working order when we get to the planet. For now I suggest we try to patch up as good and as quickly as possible and get moving.

That means our first priority should be external sensors to 50%, so we can reach maximum impulse' speed.

After that, we need to investigate our 'internal problems asap', meaning the death of Queenspock and the strange object lodged on the wall on deck 3.

Given we have 10 crew left, we can allocate enough people to do 2 jobs at the same time, if we look carefully. That means allocating myself for a specific job from the start, is not a god idea, it would decrease the overall recovery rate (+20% -25%). Allocating myself for a specific job may (will probably) become interesting, once we're only doing a single job.

Given what it looks like for us, I recommend the following order of repairs (should get most systems up and running as fast as possible):

(engines have to be saved 'till last or else we don't have enough people to do other meaningfull repairs)

1. external sensors 50% (5 crew, 6h) + repair industrial replicators (4 crew, 20h)

2. internal sensors 50% (5 crew, 6h)

3. sickbay (3 crew, 4h) + food replicators (2 crew, 8h)

if the crews work very good, then after:

6h: external sensors online, we can go to full impulse

12h: internal sensors to 50%, scan the pod on deck 3?

16h: sickbay open

20h: food replicators online + industrial replicators online

crew deserves some rest before the next round of repairs. (taking into account urgency of things here so holosuite is not where you'd normally expect it)

4. repair internal sensors 75% (6 crew (1 engineer), 6.4 hours) + repair deck 3 (4 crew, 6.4h+3.88h=10.28h, engineer stops working on internal sensors after 6.4h, so normal efficiency from then on for deck 3 repairs, saves over 1 hour in total time for repairs for deck 3)

5. repair communications (4 crew, 9h)

6. begin repairs on warp engine, after 10.28h's, after 15.4h engineer starts to help out with engines, making the total repair time for engines, 6 days, 5.5h

7. repair holosuit (whenever you feel like it, maybe usefull for recontrustion purposes in the investigation of our accident), will need 2 crew for 15 hours.

gives us after:

6.4h: internal sensors to 75% (improved scan of object and ship internals)

10.28h: deck 3 repaired (crew can get back into their own quarters, provided the object is not hazardous))

15.4h: communications online (maybe someone out there can help us?)

holosuite repaired

6 days 5.5 hours: engines repaired (we should be on our destination very rapidly now)

start work on external sensor repairs only now, since they start to become usefull only now we've got warp engines.

This seems to be our most convenient repair schedule, unless something happens that justifies a change in the schedule.

I'm sending this schedule for review to the captain, awaiting his final instructions. :)

Okay, so if I interpret this correctly, the only correct order for us to get 100% external sensors, is:

1. external sensors 50%

2. industrial replicators

3. external sensors 75%

4. warp engines (since you say:"with warp engines off-line do not have the power to replicate them")

5. ... 100%

Yep.  Looks right to me.  You can of course start at step 2, you just can't go very fast that way.  Just remember that you only have 10 crew (including the captain), and those numbers don't include work done by the Chief Engineer.

Some things are really gonna take time to get to.[br]Posted on: 16-03-2007, 01:25:39

Screw it.  If anyone needs me, I'll be floating out in the infinite abyss.  Farewell...

*steps out an airlock without a suit.*

And this is supposed to be the level headed ship's councilor?  :o

See, with internal not external sensors we could see a nutjob trying to float off into the wild black night if it really was occurring.

I still recommend internal sensor repairs first. Our suited up crewmember didn't report anything unusual nearby while he was outside.

We have sufficient supplies for 18 days of meals. Our oxygen levels as reported by Hade9001 are not low on the sealed levels around deck 3. We have time to make repairs without worrying about a planet landing.

If the rumors of an alien onboard are true, do we want to bring it to a possibly inhabited world? We need more data. Immediately.

..and if we have no communications, how are we all getting these messages to and from Hade9001?

ok, ok i'll do work on internal sensors but it'll be a cold day in hell before i don the spacesuit and start doing the space walk thing :P besides as a communications officer it is my duty to look good at all times, A spacesuit??? get real lol even the federation hasn't invented the lycra spacesuit that doesn't frizz the hair. I await orders from the captain on what i should do meantime i'm going to see if i can find a safe route to my quarters as i need some downtime.

The Chief Engineer has presented a thoroughly researched case, and I'm am inclined to accept his proposal.  However, I agree with concerns that internal sensors should be a higher priority.  Therefore, I suggest that the crew immediately begin repair work:

1. internal sensors 50% (5 crew, 6h) + repair industrial replicators (4 crew, 20h)

2. external sensors 50% (5 crew, 6h)

3. sickbay (3 crew, 4h) + food replicators (2 crew, 8h)

The Chief Engineer will oversee the jobs and assign the appropriately trained crew members to the appropriate tasks.

aye aye sir, awaiting C.E.'s orders.

Meg, to get your quarters, you have to suit up. all crew sleep on deck 3 except the counselor who can sleep on his couch and the ship's doc who probably has a bed in sickbay. hmmm, you might find a spare in there as well.

Hade9001:

is there a blanket in Cargo Bay One? I'll bed down anywhere flat if I can get a wrap.

yes you're right theres a big flashing red light and a siren near to my quarters :( theres no way i would be able to sleep in it even if i could past the sealed bulkhead :( looks like i'll have to find some quiet foxhole for the night away from them damn sirens and flashing lights.

Anmot Borg.  Extra blankets are in the smaller storage areas on deck 3.  There are also a few stored in Sick Bay.

Mega - the flashing red lights and sirens are not working.  ;)  Like the internal sensors, the ion storm took them out - so many blown relays ship-wide is the problem.  But replacement and testing is now underway.

Chief Engineer.  Please let me know who is currently doing what jobs (your choice).

The alien is only a five hours away from striking again.  But you don't know that yet, of course!  ;D

Computer Hade9001, Are the transporters and turbolifts operational?

You can check the access panels and Jeffrey's tubes but be careful until we know all the unsecured areas. Mainly why I stayed over here near the Cargo Bays. We woke up so I knew we had air. BUT, everyone else walked away.

Hade9001:  The ship's transporter, which has only 3 pads, and all turbolifts are 80% operational - ie they are fine if not overworked.  Short range teleport should be no problem, but if there is any atmospheric disturbances, I would advise against beaming from orbit onto a planet's surface.

Is anyone checking the Jeffrey's tubes, etc?

Hade9001:  Ship's doctor required in Councilor Arktis' office.  The Councelor appears to be hallucinating.  Possible after-effect of the cryo-suspension...

Councilor Arktis' computer terminal starts displaying the information he requested...

damn it man i'm doctor not at a shrink!!!!!

my final diagnosis is.... atkis is a NUT!!!!

i've bunged him back in cryo for his own safty!!!!

his release is pending on what the cap.. out!

Hade9001:  The ship's transporter, which has only 3 pads, and all turbolifts are 80% operational - ie they are fine if not overworked.  Short range teleport should be no problem, but if there is any atmospheric disturbances, I would advise against beaming from orbit onto a planet's surface.

Is anyone checking the Jeffrey's tubes, etc?

With turbolifts online, I make my way to the bridge. However, due to a bulkhead failure outside of the cargobay, I am cut off from the turbolift.

After thinking for a few moments, I decide the best course would be to take the Jefferies tubes up to the bridge.

I return to the cargo bay, climb up to the second level and enter the jefferies tubes.