NiteShire 3 - In the Federation, No One can hear you SCREAM!

gathererhade

Hade9001:  Attention ALL crew.

As requested, internal scan results complete.  ESS NiteShire crew in the proximity of crew member Neomaster in the hour before his death were...

• Captain Niteshdw
  • TFMF
  • Bones2097
  • Hilander72  and
  • Arktis

Anyone in neomasters proximity the hour before he died is a suspect. I think it's most important to scan the key personel and by far the most vital is the Captain.

My vote goes to Captain Niteshdw.

[me=Navigator Hilander72]is at his station at the Helm, keeping an eye on the course and calibrating the External Sensors...[/me]

* Course is plotted (and engaged): Planet Okami, ETA 19 days 6 hours at Full Impulse.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. Long shift. I fell asleep curled up near sickbay with a spare blanket.

The captain should be scanned first to make certain the crew gets to a safe location.

Why do I keep thinking neomaster's eyes were glowing green when we found the body?

Doesn't help some people haven't posted vital information in their possession yet...  [Cough, cough].

The alien scanner in Neomaster's room can be used to scan for signs of alien life.  Unfortunately, however,  the power supply has been damaged.

Instructions for use of the scanner are easily accessible from Neomaster's computer.

And, of course, you have to work out what you'll do if the person you scan is infected by an alien.

I said, his eyes were glowing.....

doctors log:

i've just been double checking the PM analysis of both queen & neo....

it seems a alien substance resembling a shell were found in  both the deceased brain tissues...

i will alert the cap ASAP.... about an alien presence on-board that feeds on the brains Pituitary gland and the hippocampus... whilst at the same time not causing a wide-spread panic....

note: on investigating... the eating habits of this organism... it seems it need large amount of this tissue to survive... having made the mistake of choosing queen first, it was left have starved!!! :)

and swiftly moved onto neo...

on further inspection... the evidence shows that this creature is getting larger!!!

mental note... i have concerns about artkis's behavior... knowing the nature of creature.... is must SCAN ARTKIS (thats a vote btw...)

At the moment, i am considering 4 people for being mr wolf-er-i mean alien.

Our Captain: Nite will always be my suspect ;)

Our Doctor: The alien eats brains. Makes sense that Bones would eat somthing he lacks. (oh that was low :D)

Our Councilor: Because i can't spell Counselor without checking... ::)

Our Science Officer: He's seeing things.

Now, some of you may be wondering how i can look at this so logically.

Well....i think Mr Arktis requires a scan.

Voting so far...

Bones2097  1  (TetsuoShima)

Arktis          3  (Niteshdw, Anmot Borg, Bones2097)

Niteshdw      1  (Hilander72)

Remember.  If votes are tied, last vote is discounted.  However, I don't think we need the don't vote = vote for self rule.

There's about 14:15 hours left for the rest of the votes... 

Voting so far...

Bones2097   1  (TetsuoShima)

Arktis          3  (Niteshdw, Anmot Borg, Bones2097)

Niteshdw      1  (Hilander72)

Remember.  If votes are tied, last vote is discounted.  However, I don't think we need the don't vote = vote for self rule.

There's about 14:15 hours left for the rest of the votes... 

I also voted for Arktis.

I'm sorry. Long shift. I fell asleep curled up near sickbay with a spare blanket.

The captain should be scanned first to make certain the crew gets to a safe location.

Why do I keep thinking neomaster's eyes were glowing green when we found the body?

strange, how did my vote for the captain get changed to arktis?

Bones:

would that alien shell in the victims' heads be shiny and green? as in reflective chitin? if, so, I know where the glowing green eyes came from.

...take that Mr. Fox.  :P

computer gave the following people as being near to neo when the atrocity occured :-

* Captain Niteshdw

* TFMF

* Bones2097

* Hilander72  and

* Arktis

i say that these members of the crew are not allowed a vote in who is a victim... we need to keep a check on these 5 as to any patterns emerging.

Well it is a certainty that the Alien has moved into one of these players. My guess is that due to the erratic behavior of the counselor that Arktis is my choice, However If I was an intelligence entering a host i would seek the power-base... with power the world is your oyster.

I say we section the Captain, for his own protection, the well being of our captain is a major priority of our mission, and place the counselor in the brig pending further questions. the remaining 3 players should be treated with a great deal of suspicion for the next 24 hours and the doctor confined to sickbay with one security guard. I also recommend the crew work in teams of only 2, any crew group(2 people) who are contacted or meet any other crew members should report immediately to the remainder of the crew. i also recommend that hade 9001 program work rotas that ensure we are never within 10 metres of another workgroup. If we ensure no contamination over the next 24 hours we may be able to ensure this 'Alien virus' does not spread

Well it is a certainty that the Alien has moved into one of these players. My guess is that due to the erratic behavior of the counselor that Arktis is my choice, However If I was an intelligence entering a host i would seek the power-base... with power the world is your oyster.

I say we section the Captain, for his own protection, the well being of our captain is a major priority of our mission, and place the counselor in the brig pending further questions.

insane.jpg

I'm fine.

Updated voting tally:

Bones2097  1  (TetsuoShima)

Arktis          4  (Niteshdw, Bones2097, TFMF, Arktis)

Niteshdw    2  (Hilander72,  Anmot Borg)

Maybe Arktis isn't feeling himself at the moment.  (Which begs a question I'm not asking...  ;D  )  So that's why he thinks it may be him.

Unless someone changes their mind, looks like Arktis is going to be scanned.  That said, with two votes to come, anything is possible.

Still to vote:

• Kyran
  • Megalith

Nice long post, Mega, but are you voting for Arktis or Niteshdw?

BTW, Arktis.  You look fine.  Well, better than normal anyway!  ;)

The Captain gathered the crew in the galley to call for a vote on who should be scanned for alien life.

One by one, the crew gave their opinion.  Megalith, couldn't seem to make up his mind, giving reasons to vote for Captain Niteshdw, then for Councilor Arktis.  Standing quietly in a corner, massively outranked by everyone else in the room, Kyran just shook his head and said nothing.

TFMF handed the Captain a tally of the votes.  But the result was obvious.

Niteshdw:  Councilor Arktis.  It appears that you are the choice of the crew with four votes, including your own.  Let's do it people.

The crew all went down to the Xenobiology lab, where the scanner was located, solemn looks on their faces.  Everyone kept a little distance between themselves and Arktis, just in case.

Once in the lab, Arktis stood on a makeshift stage beneath the scanner cone.  Most of the crew stood a distance away - in the doorway.

Chief Engineer TetsuoShima made a few last minute checks of the scanner, then nodded to Kyran to start the scan.

The machine whined into action, the sound building to a crescendo.

Then silence.

TetsuoShima looked at the display.  Councilor Arktis was clean.  His strange actions were just him...  Or the after effects of cryo-suspension...  Or both.

"We must keep vigilant" declared the Captain.  No clue, however trivial can be overlooked.  Councilor Arktis.  Since you are cleared, well for now at least, I'll put you in charge of collating any clues we find, and making sure someone follows them up.  Can you do that?"

Arktis just looked back at Niteshdw, a bizarre grin on his face.

Somewhere in the heart of the ship...  er brain of a crew member, the alien continued on its way.  Shedding its skin.  Getting stronger...

A crew member, other than Artkis, will die in 24 hours.

lol my post would't go for some reason :( as i said however in my post before the eviction we need to quaranteen the captain for his own safety. I don't like to have the captain as a potential target. Also all work duties should be restricted to groups of no more than 2 and the computer should determine a plan of action that no workduty is within 10 metres of another one. when the alien migrates it will have nowhere to go other than the other team member thus isolating our alien. We can't lose track of the fact that the alien is in either NiteShdw, TFMF, Bones2097 or Hilander72.