NiteShire 3 - In the Federation, No One can hear you SCREAM!

gathererhade

*bangs on the nearest computer console*

Computer!  Where is the information I requested?!  All screens at all terminals, NOW PLEASE.  >:(

*wipes the green foam from his mouth*

I swear... this computer hates me.  I've only made two requests of it since the storm, and the only response I've ever received came DAYS LATER.  And now I'm asking for the SAME INFORMATION to be displayed to the rest of the crew, and NOTHING.

Where's that engineer?  I'm going to KILL HIM.

*picks up a hyper-spanner and goes off in search of the engineer*

Maybe I should kill the doctor first... or smash the main computer banks.  Well, whoever/whatever I run into first, then.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TFMF was a happy man.  The industrial replicators were on line, and ready to start manufacturing parts to complete more vital ship repairs.  He'd been discussing their situation with Captain Niteshdw, and where to from here.    They were slowly closing on their mission objective, the planet Okami.

Niteshdw:  Now, if only wecan get TetsuoShima to draw up a new duty roster.  Preferably keeping Arktis somewhere he can't do any more damage.

TFMF:  Hey, TS.  Get yourself to the Captain's ready room.  We need to plan the next set of repairs...  Is it hot in here?

TFMF slumped in his chair, a shocked Captain looking on.  With the top of his head clearly visible, Nite could see a bloodless hole in TFMF's skull.

Niteshdw:  Doctor to the Captain's ready room.  Emergency.  Bones, get up here now!

TFMF has been killed by the alien.  The alien life scanner is powering up as we speak.  Who will it be used on this time?

Votes are open, until midday tomorrow, GMT.

Arktis.  You have the info.  You can give it to the crew.  The computer is busy with other things...  :)

Fixing deck 3 is 9 hours for 4 crew.  Relatively quick unless you're also fixing the warp engines.

I do need to know what's being fixed now, though.

Arktis.  You have the info.  You can give it to the crew.  The computer is busy with other things...  :)

No, I don't.  At the time, I simply deleted it as I normally do with all my private messages.  It looked useless.

Then, you told me it was most likely useful, so I requested it be shown to everyone before the vote, as if you were right, then it had relevance to that.

Now it seems again to have been useless anyways.  So, whatever.

*goes back to rampaging around the ship*

Computer Hade 9001: Please give us an update on completed repairs, according to my workschedule, the following repairs should be complete by now, please advise of inconsistencies, personal list:

Completed:

1. internal sensors 50%

2. sickbay

3. external sensors 50%

4. food replicators

5. communications

6. deck 3

7. industrial replicators

To Do:

1. internal sensors 75% (8 hours, 6 crew)

2. external sensors 75% (10 hours, 6 crew)

3. holosuite (12 hours, 2 crew)

4. warp engines (8 days, 6 crew)

Remaining crew:

NiteShdw - Captain

TetsuoShima - Chief Engineer

Megalith - Communications Officer

Bones2097 - Ship's Doctor

Kyran - (Motley) Crew

Amnot Borg - Science Officer

Arktis - Ships' Counselor

If my personal notepad is not mistaken, the updated schedule will be as follows (if it is incorrect, I'll have to make some changes):

Given our predicament, it probably best to repair the sensors the soonest, so:

The new work schedule:

1. Internal sensors (75%), assigned crew: All (except Arktis)

Time to completion -> 6.5h

2. External sensors (75%), assigned crew: All (except Arktis)

Time to completion -> 8h

Total time to completion: 14.5h

Please advise: recommendation, place Arktis in confinement, do not sedate him or place him in stasis, keep him under permanent audiovisual surveillance, record proceedings.

haha - you won't be able to get Warp Drive back in time! You'll be stuck out here until you all die! MUHAHAHAHA.

Time to start haunting people.

*knocks on NiteShdw's door - then runs away* hehehehe ;D

Shouldn't we first have info on who was in the proximity of the victim before we start voting?

Notice how NiteShdw was in the room with me when it happened... ::)

Well, that doesn't necessarily mean anything...

We don't know how this thingy gets transferred from one host to the next, so it could just as well have been transferred earlier and the 'exploding brain' being a side effect. Like coughing when you have a cold, the coughing is simply a side effect...

It could have dropped an explosive tissue sample (like in SG Atlantis ;D ).

EDIT: in any case, since it's the target that gets killed next, gets to choose the victim (or one of them at least) that's going to die after him, it only makes sense that the alien is in fact at one point, inside the victim and the victim really has some control over where he's going to be when the 'alien' strikes his next kill, so he can influence who may be infected. If that isn't the case, then the game doesn't make sense (ex. the alien is stationary in one crewmember and he 'eats' brains of his fellow crew = bad).

Edit more:

To shed some light, I will ask the computer to do the following, I'm assuming internal and external scanners are at 75% efficiency by now:

Inspect the strange pod found on deck 3, tell me all you can find out about it, further inspect the holes on the dead crew, are the injuries caused from the inside out, or from the outside in?

That should help us out some!

My apologies for being late.

I hate it when real life gets in the way of more important things...

Hade9001:  Results of requested scan...  ERROR...  ERROR...  Crew in the proximity of TFMF in the hour before he died:

• Kyran
  • Captain Niteshdw

That is all.

It appears everyone wants to scan Nite - since he was the last one with TFMF.

OK.

Captain Niteshdw strides purposefully to the Xeno lab, where TestuoShima is making last minute adjustments to the scanner.

When all is ready he signals to Kyran to hit the switch.

The scanner humms to life, and TS eagerly looks at the readout...

Captain Niteshdw is clean.

The alien is still on the loose.

TetsuoShima.

Deck 3 is 2 hours from completion.  Other than that, yes.  You are correct.

Internal sensors now being worked on.  Should be complete about the time of the next death.

I'll be on time tonight for the next death - noon GMT.

As moderator, can I say a lot of you are making this game more complicated than it is.  Can I suggest that apart from internal sensors & sickbay, putting together the clues I've given (either by PM or in these posts) should be the focus of the players, not the repairs - which is more "dungeon dressing".  There is a lot of vital info you should have, but don't because this hasn't happened.

I've been waiting to be asked a number of things...

Apart from introducing clues, this game is largely the same as we have done - a death, then a scan (instead of eviction), then repeat.

Keep it simple & pay attention.

Hade9001:  Analysis of the event to which you refer indicates that near Neomaster, a panel with a green LED was lit.  Conclusion.  The green glow was simply a reflection.

This is the idea.  :)

Unfortunately this one was a red herring.  You just gotta find the real one(s).

Some requests will take more time to get a result than this one, however - you can't research everything at once, and by their nature some analysis will take longer than others.  I just wanted to encourage more logical thinking.

Get something that may be a real clue, and all the drew can look out for it.  Makes choosing who to scan easier, that way.

I believe that as a crew, we should gather together in the conference room.  We need to put together a list of clues and come up with a theory about what's going on here.  At that point, we can ask the computer to clarify any suspicions that we might have.