NiteShire 3 - In the Federation, No One can hear you SCREAM!

gathererhade

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hade9001:  Analysis of Pod.

The pod is made of the same material as the shells found in the brains of the dead crew.  However, it appears to have been melted and then pulled into an airtight ball shape.  It appears a similar melting has occurred to release whatever was inside.

Internal area of pod is sufficient for a creature the size of the shell found in QUEENSPOCK's brain.

A creature that can hibernate and is resistant to radiation could use the pod to travel through space.

The crew gather in Niteshdw's ready room to discuss anything that might be a clue.

Niteshdw:  Anyone got information, or an inkling, into how we can identify who is the alien's host now?

Bones2097:  Well, my examination of TFMF has revealed some intere...

Arktis:  (Appearing in the doorway)  Who wants to listen to you, you old fool.  I need to be the centre of attention!

Kyran:  Who let him out?

Arktis:  I know where the alien is!  It's...

A glazed look comes over Arktis as he smiles a vacant smile, then topples face first to the floor.  In the back of his neck, just above the hairline, a small bloodless hole can be seen.

TetsuoShima:  Looks like the scan for people near TFMF didn't pick up the victim.

Megalith:  Yes.  That's quite worrying.

Another death.  The crew is getting short handed.  What can people recall about Arktis in the last 48 hours?  :P

While you work on the clues it's time to vote again - by noon GMT.

Shocked as I was by TFMF's death, I was having a bite to eat with him shortly before he died.  I noticed he seemed to eat and drink a lot more than normal

cut and paste :)

does this help anyone else eating and drinking alot?

don't count me I'm just greedy

I vote for me being scanned i don't fancy a hole in the head

The only clue I had was Neomaster's glowing green eyes and I suspected the other day that it was from a monitor he'd been viewing. *or it was radioactive alien chitin in his head.*

*******You are totally shocked at the turn of events.  Thinking back, you recall that entering Xenobiology earlier, with the light very low, you thought Neo's eyes were shining with a green glow.********

We never did get a look at the information on that monitor, did we?

Hade9001:

Review content logs and determine if we ever asked about that monitor before and if so what reply we were given.

*lol, I'm lazy and don't want to back up that far.* We need all available data on this alien.

Kyran:

Excessive eating and drinking could be a sign that the host is receiving ideas/suggestions from the alien parasite, ie. "Must eat". Or that the victim noticed he was weakening and needed energy.

Hade9001 and Crew:

Arktis seemed to be a raving lunatic for some time. We ignored most of his comments and activities. *Well, I did.*

Do we know where he was and what he was doing? What was going on with that image of him missing an arm?

Bones:

Continue with your information report before the autopsy of Arktis, please.

Kyran:

Get that body out of here.

I need to be the centre of attention!

Cute.  ::)

Yet true :P

Oh, WHATEVER.

I try to make a boring game fun and this is what I get...  guess who supplied the "crazy" angle?  The game master.  He then told me to KEEP IT UP when I repeatedly wanted out.  And you think it is funny to basically call me an attention whore.

Not cool.  Not cool.

I don't need to be punished for trying to have fun and liven up a boring game when I'm told not to leave and instead just behave nuts.  I've already got enough crap from gatherhade and from being all of your personal court jester.

DOCTORS LOG...

A PM on TFMF, has shown that conclusively, he was killed by a brain eating

organism of alien origin....

::) *surprise!!!*

Further analysis has shown that the host suffers brain failure, soon

after the alien enter the brain... (~ 1hour)

view the shell left over of the alien.. it resembles a small wingless

insects of the order Siphonaptera (flea!)...

One can only extrapolate this alien follows a similar trate, in that

it can travel in hops for short distances....

However, how long this alien can survive outside the host is

yet to be determined...

//END...

Fascinating. The means of (infection?) is the alien hops onto its next victim and then begins a feeding process.

Next important question.

Why does the computer report gigo data?

Has it been compromised by the alien while in its host?

Are there any other irregular problems with the infected host? Such as large pointed ears?

Hade9001:  Results of requested scan...  ERROR...  ERROR...  Crew in the proximity of TFMF in the hour before he died

I feel it my duty as Chief Engineer aboard this ship, to inquire about the errors in the scan results, can you clarify or give a more detailed description of the encountered errors. Is there anything I can do to recover possibly missing data and cause?

[me=TetsuoShima]sets off to investigate.[/me]

Hade9001:  TetsuoShima, Amnot Borg.  You do not have sufficient clearance to enquire about the scan.  Special access code required.

The information on Neomaster's screen was in relation to a similar incident in this area, where the ship's crew died.  He had not followed up more than the overview...

Erm, I need votes, people.

Arktis:  Gee. Talk about can't take a joke.

And I had no problem with the crazy thing I SUGGESTED  you could do.  Yes, a lot of it was fun and did liven things up.

You're too sensitive by far.

Again no Proximity Report before the vote?

Ah, well, I'll try to follow up on some possible clues then...

Can, you inform us who has been eating more than he usually does or 'odouring' more than they usually do? Is it possible for computer to deduct these things?

Hade9001:  The Hade9001 has no olfactory abilities, so no analysis of who smells can be produced.

In respect to eating, food replicator records can be accessed.  I will make an analysis of these recrods, however it may take some time, due to corrupted records as a result of the ion storm..

Logically, it would seem necessary for the next host to be in close proximity while eating with and at time of death of the victim.

Was Kyran present when Arktis died? Had they been eating near each other at the time of death?

If so, did they share bologna or ham? Arktis's acting was seriously non-serious. ;)

Alright, my vote goes to Kyran.