Michael Shanks Interview

S0V13T

STARGATE: SG1 is coming to end after ten seasons, but according to Michael Shanks who plays Doctor Daniel Jackson, the story doesn’t end there. In the works are two STARGATE: SG1 DVD movies that will wrap up the Season 10 Ori storyline, and then there will be a new stand alone adventure featuring the return of Richard Dean Anderson. Shanks also told iF MAGAZINE in an exclusive interview what his journey as Daniel has been like, and about the new series he is going to do with fellow STARGATE alum Christopher Judge.

iF MAGAZINE: How do you feel about SG1 ending?

MICHAEL SHANKS: I’ve been asked that question a lot. I gauged it by my gut reaction to the news that we had gotten cancelled, and that’s usually a huge telling sign if you are lying to yourself about certain things or trying to convince yourself of other things. When we got the news my initial reaction instead of being upset or angry was “whew” and I thought what was that? I waited for the aftermath of “Wow” or “oh Jesus” or something and it was just a feeling of, that’s it and we did it and it was due. It wasn’t because it didn’t feel like we had more to do, but now was a good time. It’s been awhile and we’ve had a long run than most people expected and we’ve lasted longer than most people expected. There’s very little that we didn’t get a chance to do on that show, that we could afford to do, so there’s not a feeling of bad endings. I think when I left the show for a couple of seasons I had feelings of unfulfilled business, which is one of the reasons I came back because there was still a pull or a draw for me. This time I don’t really feel that way. I think maybe its time to close the book.

iF: In the latest episodes Daniel has been undergoing some changes. Are you back to normal yet?

SHANKS: I believe last Friday was my only night in latex. [Laughs] And, how often do you say that? So after that we’ll see Daniel make a return to normal.

iF: So how was it being covered in latex?

Full Article