Heroes 1x23 "How to Stop an Exploding Man"

NiteShdw

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought maybe it wasn't Sylar that tried to kill Molly in that early episode. Maybe its the guy she is scared of

Molly's dad was frozen solid and Sylar has the freeze power. And it was definitely Sylar that Parkman came up against a short time later in defending Molly at the station (or was it the hospital?).

Also, if there is anybody that knows the difference between Sylar (always referred by her as The Boogeyman) and the newly mentioned baddie, it's Molly.

that was nuts.. i'm starting to think that hiro's father (george takei) is going to be introduced as a more frequent character, because i believe he has a power.... immortality or something along those lines, and i think that he is going to be that Tensui fellow that hiro recounts in his stories. or possibly hiro may turn out to be that character, and is taught some type of wisdom and spirituality through the single horsman with the banner. to many possabilities

Yeah, there's pretty much no way that Molly's parents were killed by anyone other than Sylar... although, I'd completely forgotten that they were frozen. Oops.

I did wonder about Tensui - possibly just because it looked like Takei through the mask. Also... because it would be supremely Heroes to tie that aspect of the story to Hiro.

Hahaha, yeah - Army of Darkness indeed... but Hiro ain't go no BOOMSTICK.

Slightly dis-appointing that it was wrapped up as "predicted", but the addition of Nathan doing the right thing was good. Hiro could easily have used his power and "save the world" by relocating Peter to a safe location to go "boom", but then Sylar intervened for the last time to cut out that possibility.

The episode did leave that "series ending" feeling, which might explain the slight dis-appointment, but it still remains to see who is returning in the 2nd season (besides Hiro).

Is anyone thinking that Ando might be a "latent" Hero?

shame i was waiting for the car to fall from the sky after him......glad to see the opening eclypse eventually in the show.....

other than anything to do with hiro i was disappointed.......there has to be another season

unlike Jericho which has just been cancelled

Is anyone thinking that Ando might be a "latent" Hero?

As Ando himself said you don't need superpowers to be a hero. that is his power i think lol, not having any powers (Sylar had no use for him).

I too had forgotten that Molly's parents where frozen, I need to rewatch Episode 1 tbh it didn't get my attention at the time and i nearly gave up on the whole thing after it. Having said that Molly was locked up in a cupboard and didn't see the event (tho i suppose she could have 'seen' if it was Sylar), and besides who's to say the new baddie doesn't have the freezing power. Sylar of course would have known this girls name from the list and something like that would have been in the papers. But yeah as theories go its not a good one lol, the most realistic story is the one that until yesterday i had believed and thats that the killer of her family was Sylar.

Molly's power is the ability to locate and track people. She has always referred to the person who killed her parents as the Boogeyman and the Boogeyman is Sylar. If the Boogeyman wasn't Sylar she wouldn't be able to track him in the season finale, she'd be tracking the other guy. The very nature of her power would refuse to allow her to confuse the two.

unlike Jericho which has just been cancelled

I know. A show that was thought provoking with enough mystery and uncertainty of the future to hold my interest and CBS goes *BOOM* on it. I signed the petition to revive it but I have no real hope.

NO, it is not exactly like LOST.(meant for Tenebrae and the rest, lol)

Riddle me this - Peter went nuclear, pressuming he survived whats to stop him going nuclear again? and again and again.... any good ep not the mind blowing finale i wanted but it was good enough to end the season.

Cant wait for season 2, well i'll have to wait in all seriousness

My guess is that the experience of going 'nuclear' will give him a sense of the range of his ability and possibly teach him enough about the ability to control it.

As for Jericho... yet another promising story axed by a brief ratings slump. >_<

I'm going to go through this entire topic and ban everyone who said a bad word about this episode. It was fucking fantastic!

Riddle me this - Peter went nuclear' date=' pressuming he survived whats to stop him going nuclear again? and again and again..[/quote']

Fool #1. Peter only went nuclear in that last moment because Sylar was there.

Slightly dis-appointing that it was wrapped up as "predicted"' date='[/quote']

Fool #2. It was predictable in that we all knew what was going to happen - a final battle between Peter and Sylar - but we didn't know how it would all work out, which i thought was magnificantly done. Everyone played a part in stopping him really.

Ok, now that that's over and done with. The episode. Well it was just brilliant. Everything came together and rounded off the season just....well...brilliantly! The ending just got me. I mean first we had Nathan saving the city, which i thought was just brilliant. Then we had the music in the background which i thought was even more brillianty (I'm making up new words for brilliant) and it really was sad. THEN we had Hiro going back in time - this is the part where i almost died. The eclips pretty much caused me to stop breathing altogether.

So...volume 2....i think it's safe to say i can't wait for that ;)

She has always referred to the person who killed her parents as the Boogeyman
I might have missed that, but i can't remember Molly mentioning anywhere that the bogeyman killed her parents. but yes the bogeyman is Sylar thats undisputable

Uh, I gave Lost a fair chance but despite the promise of season 1 (which was fairly shaky) it just got worse and worse. Heroes was never comparable to that half baked nonsense except in terms of media impact (which Heroes surpassed it in) and ratings (which Heroes pretty much god damned owned it in).

Uh, I gave Lost a fair chance but despite the promise of season 1 (which was fairly shaky) it just got worse and worse. Heroes was never comparable to that half baked nonsense except in terms of media impact (which Heroes surpassed it in) and ratings (which Heroes pretty much god damned owned it in).

sorry, Mcwings and I had switched topic to Jericho.