X-box 360

QUEENSPOCK

at the moment i hv a ps2 and i have been thinking of updating my system

now i have been with playstation for many years

we hv a special bond.  But lately i hv been considering getting a x-box 360. But i am nost sure

1) i feel  guilty everytime i think of the x-box 360

2) i am very big on roleplaying games and that is teh reason i got a ps2 because final fantasy was on it and it had a good roleplaying section- x-box didn't hv the selection  however x-box 360 has started building up on their roleplaying games  and their is teh threat of final fantasy going over to the x-box

3) ps3 is too expensive and x-box 360 has teh great online play but they controller is so awful i dont like it maybe it is because i am used to the playstation one

4) the creator of final fantasy has gone over to teh x-box

bottom line is i need my final fantasy and kingdomhearts and roleplaying games

and i don't know what to do it is stupid that i feel guilty about going x-box 360

i need everyones help in deciding

at the moment i hv a ps2 and i have been thinking of updating my system

now i have been with playstation for many years

we hv a special bond.  But lately i hv been considering getting a x-box 360. But i am nost sure

1) i feel  guilty everytime i think of the x-box 360

2) i am very big on roleplaying games and that is teh reason i got a ps2 because final fantasy was on it and it had a good roleplaying section- x-box didn't hv the selection  however x-box 360 has started building up on their roleplaying games  and their is teh threat of final fantasy going over to the x-box

3) ps3 is too expensive and x-box 360 has teh great online play but they controller is so awful i dont like it maybe it is because i am used to the playstation one

4) the creator of final fantasy has gone over to teh x-box

bottom line is i need my final fantasy and kingdomhearts and roleplaying games

and i don't know what to do it is stupid that i feel guilty about going x-box 360

i need everyones help in deciding

Let me help you out there QS

The 360 has started to move away from the FPS dominace first inroduced with the xbox to appeal to more gamers but there is only a handful of RPGs available atm

Square Enix are NOT moving FF to the 360 ( they beleive the console doesnt have the power needed for the next FF game ) instead there have been rumors of seperate FFIX games being released on multiple platforms (just like FFVII)

Haha funny you should mention the controller, personally it is my favourite (i do have 27 consoles) it is far more comforatable then the ps2 jopad mainly becasue its shaped to fit in the hand

Yes the ps3 is a little price, well not a little but hey theres rumors going around that sony will cut the price this summer anf amazon uk are selling them for £30 below retail

The xbox live is great, though you do need to pay £40 a year to play online.

If you do intend to get a 360 you should know that microsoft have stated that they beleive the console will only be supported for between 4-5 years unitl the nex xbox is released where as sony  intend to fully support the ps3 for 10 years though honestly i can only see half of that.

currently 360 has the most games and 80%+ of the games on the ps3 right now are 360 ports

Hey QS if you do get a 360 come meet me on the Phantasy Star Universe Beta, its a free MMORPG thats reset everymonth, but hey its free!!

hope this has helped a little  :D

Talking X-Box i hear that the next version of Wing Commander is due out soon (june/july 07) and will be for the X-box LIVE (tho may port to pc soon after) Wing Commander is one of my fav game series of all time (my equiv to QS with FF) the new version (Wing Commander Arena) is online multiplayer allowing upto 16 players to fight it out Click this link for more info on this game. also here is a link to the official site.

Is ps2 the only console you owned? ???

If so then how did you "survive" the switch to ps2? ::)

no i had a sega mega and a ps1

ps1 is like a grown up child = ps2 :)

Tablet thanks i need to think carefully about this i mean can i live without finalfantasy you know

hee hee i would kick you ass in  Phantasy Star Universe Beta

thanks Megalith i will check the link

I remember my first car. It was big and roomy and such a frakking LEMON.

in fact, I called it that as a personal nickname which changed only as I re-painted it.

red lemon became blue lemon. it had a tree growing through the hood I think last time I saw it in my buddy's field.

• 2 months later...

Nite take it from a 360 veteran, dont touch the S/H 360s with a barge pole, i've heard so many horror stories about the new ones, at least with the new ones you get micrsoft support to replace it but S/H its in you own hands  :'(

Does S/H mean used?  The nice thing about craigslist is that it's in the Bay Area, so I could drive to someone's house and test the unit before actually paying for it.  I wouldn't buy from eBay, ever.  I'd have to save at least $100 of the new price to buy a used one anyway.  The other thing to watch out for is if the unit was banned from xbox live.

S/H = Second Hand.

I'm going to get a new one, i think. It is expensive, but i mean if you compare it to the PS3, it's really quite a bargain! And i wouldn't want to risk there being a problem with a S/H one.