Star Wars KOTOR III - MMORPG?

TFMF

TetsuoShima will like this ;)

CVG is reporting that the latest issue of EGM has word that BioWare is working on a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG.

BioWare has formed a new online team to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game, EGM reports.

No further details were reported in the rumour section of the US magazine but we've taped our fingers crossed. KOTOR is one of our favourite Star Wars games ever and the thoughts of an online MMO is, frankly, too much to take in.

These are only rumours.

I have mixed feelings about this. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is my favourite game. Both KOTOR 1 and 2 are equally as excellent, and i long for a KOTOR 3. Just last night i finished playing Knights of the Old Republic 2 for like the millionth time. The single-player only games are just fantastic, with amazing stories to them, but the idea of it becomming multiplayer with MONTHLY FEES (See LotRO topic for my hate of monthly fees on games) just seems like it could go downhill. I'd much prefer another single player KOTOR. Then again, these still are rumours...

For those of you that haven't played Knights of the Old Republic - do so now.

Hehe, sounds cool. :D

Not sure about the mmo part though, I'm inclinced to agree on rather having it in a single player form again, even better would be a single player campaign with possible multiplayer coop options without going the mmo way.

Personally I liked kotor 1 a lot better than kotor 2 btw. :)

(haven't even completely finished kotor 2 yet, I allways get bored with it when i reach about 2/3rds of the game, though I've pplayed the first part at least 4 times allready :D )

• 1 month later...

loves kotor 1 & 2 also didn't know this thread existed. as TetsuoShima said it would be best if this was a single player with multi/coop options (like games used to be) take it that kotor 3 will be released on pc as well as xbox like the other 2? i will be very disappointed if it goes out only for consoles :(

loves kotor 1 & 2 also didn't know this thread existed. as TetsuoShima said it would be best if this was a single player with multi/coop options (like games used to be) take it that kotor 3 will be released on pc as well as xbox like the other 2? i will be very disappointed if it goes out only for consoles :(

If it did only go out for consoles, i'd actually die. KOTOR 1 and 2 remain my favourite games today.

^^ lol @ die... hmmm actually i think i will too lol, will have a mass suicide perhaps lol. Agrees completely, KOTOR has taken up from doom with me as the best game franchise ever(especially after Doom 3... Quake 3 killed quake imo too, god i hope this isn't a pattern :()