Which BSG character do you most like/hate?

TetsuoShima

I really wanted to make a topic about how much I hated the Kara thrace character/personality, but I figured others might have different ideas, so, spill your guts. Which character do you hate/love?

I don't know if there's any one character I really love/like, but man do I ever hate that new Starbuck. The old series Starbuck was a great/funny/... guy. This one is just an annoying bitch in each and every episode I've seen. Is she meant to be percieved like that, I don't know... But if she gets killed (extremely unlikely), I'll be very happy! If anybody should have it coming, it's her... But maybe that's the hidden clue... Maybe she's really a Cylon and her unconsciousness is trying to tell her that?? Anyway... Die, bitch!!! DIE!!!!

LOL, totally agree! Another character that bores me to death is that Dualla. What an annoying person always crying and so on. Bah! I'm sure the actresses are quite different, though.

Other than those two, I have no problem with the remaining characters. I like all the Cylons (supposed final five included) and Colonials, but I think "old man" Adama is my favorite character. I also like Roslin. Yeah, she's kind of annoying too, but in a good way, you know.

Dualla annoys me but I think it's because she is so skinny. Of everyone in the fleet who is starving she is the only one coming to my mind of being so thin. SHE NEEDS TO EAT. Did Apollo eat her rations when he was so fat?

Starbuck is meant to be a different character than the old Starbuck. She's a screwed up person who acts out aggressively sometimes even outrageously but the humor of the original isn't included. Maybe the writers wanted her to be that way but that makes her more annoying. I'll try to see her Bionic Woman to determine if she's able to pull off different types of people.

I really wanted to make a topic about how much I hated the Kara thrace character/personality, but I figured others might have different ideas, so, spill your guts. Which character do you hate/love?

I don't know if there's any one character I really love/like, but man do I ever hate that new Starbuck. The old series Starbuck was a great/funny/... guy. This one is just an annoying bi##h in each and every episode I've seen. Is she meant to be percieved like that, I don't know... But if she gets killed (extremely unlikely), I'll be very happy! If anybody should have it coming, it's her... But maybe that's the hidden clue... Maybe she's really a Cylon and her unconsciousness is trying to tell her that?? Anyway... Die, bi##h!!! DIE!!!!

Drama!  :o /  :) /  :( /  :cyclops: /  :'( /  >:D /  0:) /  :-* /  ::) ...in full color!!! ;)

[spoiler=A small reminder, just in case...]2. No foul, obscene, or demeaning language.

-- Let's try to keep the site 'family friendly'.  Also, please refrain from making comments regarding race, religion, sexual orientation, or web browser usage.  Some people can be very offended if they are told that Firefox is a c##ppy browser.

I think Starbuck is one of the most interesting characters, she's so easy to "hate" and that's why I "love" her. ::)

If there is one that I couldn't care less about, it would have to be Baltar's imaginary Number Six. What I mean is, that she really doesn't serve any real purpose, never has, other adding a "drool factor" to the show.

Among my favorites are, besides the obvious (Bill & Laura), the "Chief" & Sharon. :)

Dualla annoys me but I think it's because she is so skinny. Of everyone in the fleet who is starving she is the only one coming to my mind of being so thin. SHE NEEDS TO EAT. Did Apollo eat her rations when he was so fat?

Rofl, fat apollo was kind of goofy :D

Anyway, as far as I know girls/women, Dualla is just like that, an average girl, though she does have an incredible sense of duty (something that's usually not included with most female packages :P ).

--

Oh, I've wondered about those imaginary characters, if they serve a 'higher' purpose or not, since both Baltar and 'Caprica' have them... Some connection? Or is that wishfull thinking? :D

Oh, I've wondered about those imaginary characters, if they serve a 'higher' purpose or not, since both Baltar and 'Caprica' have them... Some connection? Or is that wishfull thinking? :D

That is a big mystery and something must have happened, either when the nuke blasted in the miniseries or another possibility is that it has to do with the still unknown Cylon somehow.

But it can also be symbolic. It's not uncommon for humans in reality to have fantasies/dreams/daydreams about almost anything one can imagine, including a "imaginary personal version of a Number Sex Six" or it's simply an added "drool factor". ;)

i like the imaginary number 6 i also like Balthar. my least favourite is Rosalyn although i liked her in the first series she becomes more an more twisted as the episodes go on and each episode passes i like her less. I also like starbuck but Dualla sheesh whats she about??? also don't like Rosalyn's new assistant (or for that matter Billy before her) all the cylons are cool, sol sometimes i hate him other times he's cool. Chief and his wife i like least of all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt like Thrace at first (probably because of the haircut) but now i think she's ok... although she p***es me off at time with her attitude.

the WORST character is Commander Adama...

NOT. ;)

Adama rules the show... if there's no Col. Adama there's no show...

another one i like but used to hate is the President... although I do kinda get sick of her non-commital smirk she has on her face when shes getting chewed into by someone.  Besides that she's great.

However, my vote still goes to Adama Sr. all the way!

Yeah, Tigh is excellent! I like him and his attitude, he funny in a sort of morbid way. :D

If I had to vote favourites, I'd probably vote him, though I wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

I wonder if he really is a cylon, one of the final 5, or if the 'meeting and hearing thing' has a better alternative explanation.