Innovative Desktop of the future

Megalith

I just found this presentation of what a desktop could look like soon, forget vista this looks very cool and most modern pc's should be easily able to handle the graphics load

[yt=425,350]M0ODskdEPnQ[/yt]

Gotta admit it looks neats, but that's where it ends for me, doesn't seem very efficient and tidy, nor offer a good overview, but I admit I stopped watching about halfway through, so maybe I missed that part. :D

(am/was in kind of a hurry :) )

... it's the later half where all the nice organization features are shown... so, yeah, you missed that part. ^^

Still... it's neat, but looks a little overly graphically intensive. ^^'  <- knows where everything on his system is, and uses a nice text-based file manager for the most part... so this would be a little useless for me.  It does seem nicer than the whole Windows desktop thing, though.

i tend to have my real world desktop in a form of organised chaos and my windows desktop is impossible to use tbh, this idea would make my life a lot easier particularly liked bein able to enlarge important docs and screw up junk prior to removal oh and the mouse gestures seemed easy enough to learn

Well, decided to watch it all the way through, since I was intrigued and did have time now, but I'm still not impressed. It seems to be a 'solution' for something that isn't a problem, in fact, the possibilities actually make it possible to create more of a problem instead of solving it. Then again, I'm a pretty tidy person myself, so possibly 'messy' persons would have a benefit with this, but I wouldn't know. :D

Personally, I'm not that interested in graphical features that look nice, I need ultimate functionality and don't really care what it looks like as long as the functionality is the way I like it. But I know not everybody thinks like that (in fact, I know I'm (in?) a minority, unfortunately). :)

i agree TS it has to be functional and i can find something quicker if it tilted slightly and with other items than if its in an alphabetical list of identically aligned boxes, but yeah we is all different which is a good thing :)