Gandhi is new leader of Daleks !!

Ulysses

DOCTOR Who bosses are set to sign up Gandhi star Sir Ben Kingsley — to play the Daleks’ creator Davros.

Sir Ben, 63 — who won an Oscar for his movie role as India’s peace-loving spiritual leader — is in final negotiations to play one of the most dangerous baddies in the galaxy.

Please see link below...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007360298,00.html

Yeah I know its in the sun and they arent the best at reporting facts lol..but if ben kingsley is being casted as Davros then this is superb news as kingsley has always been a great actor and having the return of Davros is brilliant news!! just hope its true!!

Yeah... It should definately be said that "The Sun" wouldn't know a legitimate source if it got bitten on the ass by one...

However... Kingsley wouldn't seriously be in contention for the role of Davros, surely.... the man is a heavy hitter as far as the acting profession goes... it would be an insult to him to put him on the same screen as Tennant... Kingsley would act Tennant out the door... and show him up to be the one trick pony that he is.

Nah.. Kingsley won't be Davros until they get someone who can act to play the Doctor. (could you imagine Kingsley Vs Baker.. now there's a thought..ah well.)

If one of the other rumours had any substance and Nesbitt was up for the job...THEN I could imagine Kingsley being brought on board.

But I still want Richard E Grant to reprise his role, him and Kingsley would be superb!!! I might even start watching then.

I would actually say kingsley would probably out class most actors in dr who no matter who it was, but if you look at Genesis Of The Daleks davros was more or less centre of the whole story so a strong actor would actually be required.

BTW does anyone actually know who was the orginal actor that played Davros?

^^ yeah, Michael Wisher. I think Tennant is a good doctor tho tbh and could imagine it would work especially if as Ulysses says the Davros role was a major role for the story. Richard E Grant? Do you mean Paul McGann? (lol Withnail and I connection... class film :) 'don't threaten me with a dead fish' lol) hmmm very much doubt that will happen. how will they explain it?

Richard E Grant? Do you mean Paul McGann? (lol Withnail and I connection... class film :)

Sorry, Richard E Grant, from when he did the animated webcasts for the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/index.shtml

... and yeah, fine movie. ;)

Edit...lol, I'd never thought about it that way before..... of course, both of them have done it. Which is kind of ironic really, considering the plot of movie.