New Battlestar - No other species?

Chiggy

In three series as far as I can remember we havent seen as much as a wild wabbit!

Do think Larson will introduce any new lifeforms besides humans and cylons?

Would you want to see the return of the Ovion People (those insect like dudes) from the original series? Or would you be content with only new models of cylon?

Its seams like we havent even begun to explore the BSG universe in the new series.

I would say that this incarnation is very against the idea of introducing new species, it would seem unlikely as there is a ton of more appropriate stuff from the original that they don't have time to do.

It would also convolute the still unexplained mystical and religious elements of the show.

Besides, the original never really tackled aliens wholeheartedly, aside from the one off insect guys, and the briefly mentioned giant lizards who created the Cylons, there were no aliens to speak of.

Giant lizards, maybe that's why David Eick got involved, oh sorry was thinking of  David Icke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ike

I like the idea that we only have Humans, and their creation, cylons.

It reinforces this idea of "god" creating them, and having a plan for them. It might shatter that whole idea if they weren't alone. Bareing in mind, i haven't seen all of seasosn 3 yet. Then again, maybe BSG needs a little shattering.

Never really appreciated the blatant commie overtones until now.

This was one of the plots I actually liked the idea of revisiting.

Just a society of absolute fascists.

I still think the show could do at least 6 great seasons if there was more coherent plannig involved.

I still think the show could do at least 6 great seasons if there was more coherent plannig involved.

I 100% agree with the fact that they could get 6 seasons out of BSG, it kinda makes you think they want to end it!

just hope we don't get flying bikes and wristwatch translators lol

Pmswl yeah I remember them lol...taking off on the highway and being chased by "CHiPs" type coppers (police).

My main concern about the coming season is it being rushed and for it to be tied up in a good manner (unlike Enterprise which was very badly done!).

This 4th season has all the makings of being the best providing they put some thought into it.

• 6 months later...

i would like to point out that you would want to direct the series as far away as possible from the original series, as it was a total flop and only true fans have enjoyed it, and thats not enough these days to keep a show on television, but thats just what i'm seeing.

i would like to point out that you would want to direct the series as far away as possible from the original series, as it was a total flop and only true fans have enjoyed it, and thats not enough these days to keep a show on television, but thats just what i'm seeing.

While I do partly agree with you Hayden, the new version of BSG is very different to the orginal version which was quite cheesy in parts.  I think the only thing that is related directly to the orginal is the basic story & character names, beyond that RDM has changed this show completely from what the orginal was like (this was probably done on purpose).

With this new version it is much more drama based and has also added a new dimension to the sci-fi theme.

going back on track of the thread I think probably one of the best characters to try and bring back would of been Count Iblis (orginally played by Patrick Macnee and whos voice was used for the Cylon Imperious Leader) as he was not human but was regarded as a satan/devil type character please see article below about the count.

"It is heavily implied that Count Iblis is Satan. To begin with, his name (Arabic ?????), is the name of the primary devil Iblis in Islam. It is said that he has "no power other than that which others freely give him over them", which is part of the Mormon concepts of Satan. The being on the Ship of Lights (which are associated with angels in Heaven) say that Iblis was originally one of them, but was cast out when he tried to lead a rebellion and get others to follow him. Likewise, Satan is, by some, believed to be the archangel Lucifer, who was cast out of Heaven for trying to lead a rebellion against God. Iblis is referred to by Apollo as the Prince of Darkness, a title commonly given to Satan. Finally, when he is shot by Starbuck, Iblis takes on his true, demonic appearance"

judging to BSG heavy religion overtones he would of made a ideal character to return but sadly I doubt this would happen.

judging to BSG heavy religion overtones he would of made a ideal character to return but sadly I doubt this would happen.

I'm sure the religious overtones will be a major part of the 4th season.

Just look at the episode names for the S04E01 "He That Believeth In Me" & S04E06 "Faith" (in which Nana Visitor, Kira Nerys in DS9, will guest starring)...

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the role of "Iblis" will be played by someone else or that "he" could even be the mysterious fifth.

I actually think that this new season to start soon could have all the makings of being a great season (providing they do it right).

What I am still puzzled is what they hybrid said at the end of the tele-movie Razor, as he warned about starbuck!

If "Iblis" did return to the new version then it could even be a female i.e starbuck!