Bender's Game Part 2 TBA

Bender's Game Part 3 TBA

Bender's Game Part 4 TBA

Into the Wild Green Yonder Part 1 TBA

Into the Wild Green Yonder Part 2 TBA

Into the Wild Green Yonder Part 3 TBA

Into the Wild Green Yonder Part 4 TBA

Futurama: Matt Groening Series to Return in 2008

Unbelievable as it may seem, the animated science-fiction comedy show with the cult following is returning to television with new adventures in 2008. Though Fox cancelled Futurama in 2003 after five seasons and 72 episodes, Comedy Central has now ordered at least 13 new episodes of the offbeat Matt Groening series. (As you know, Groening also created the longrunning The Simpsons series)

The final season's ratings on Fox were less than stellar but the series has found new popularity on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim late-night schedule. As well, the DVD season box sets have been selling like hotcakes.

Apparently Comedy Central knows a good thing when they see it. Last fall, the cable channel bought the rights to air the existing series episodes (outbidding Cartoon Network) as well as any new episodes that might be produced.

Now, sources have reported that original voice talent (including the amazing Billy West as Philip J. Fry) and production staffers have signed on for the series return. Actress Katey Segal (Turanga Leela) confirmed the announcement on a recent appearance on the CBS' Late Late Show hosted by Craig Ferguson.

Comedy Central Senior Programming VP David Bernath said "We are thrilled that Matt Groening and 20th Century Fox Television have decided to produce new episodes of Futurama and that Comedy Central will be the first to air them. There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience, and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library but something they've never seen as well."

The new episodes aren't expected to begin airing until 2008 because of the long production time it takes to produce them. Only 13 episodes were ordered initially but, based on expected high ratings and DVD sales, I think it's a pretty safe bet we'll see Phil Fry and Futurama around for a long time to come.

[br]Posted on: December 20, 2007, 10:06:12
I can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, so it's a movie. Thanks, didn't know that. I'll check on amazon.com

It's like an extra-extended edition of the show and worth every penny/cent.

The return of the show was fantastic with a lovely wordplay scene to begin with.

What I loved most was the intertwining of several episodes from the very first episode where the flying saucers destory Old New York to how Seymore ends up standing upright, covered in Dolomite. Alll these little unconnected incidents linked together.

Al Gore is also quite a good character in it. Appears over a few time frames and manages to squeeze in an gas joke in one of the segments.

All-in-all it's a very good watch and am looking forward to the next one which I've heard is related to the Giant Brains.

Actually there's a note on the Wiki page that reads:

Note: Each of the box sets represent one of the four production seasons of the series. However, Fox spread out the series over 5 television seasons, often airing the series out of production order. Of note: after the production of Futurama was originally canceled, Fox aired the 16 previously unaired episodes, all from production seasons three and four, as a "season 5", running sporadically between November 2002 and August 2003. The box sets restore the episodes to production order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama

I think that's where the 5th season is coming from.

• TFMF unpinned this topic