Robin Hood

TFMF

This is a show I am going to discuss, because season 2 has just ended, and I actually want to die. It was ####### FANTASTIC!!!

There a select few shows that make me go "HOLY ####" while watching an episode, or make me almost scream with excitment. Robin Hood is one of those shows.

Like Heroes, Robin Hood did not appeal to me. The idea of it being set around this historical guy who may or may not exist (I'll be honest, I've never read or watched anything on Robin Hood before) just seemed a bit dull to me. How bloody wrong I was.

I was literally hooked from the first episode. Each episode brought a new adventure, but there was always a continuous link between the entire series. It is one big story. It is not a show for little kids, but this is similar to Doctor Who, in that any age group can really enjoy it.

If you happen to be bored, or need a new show to watch, I would STRONGLY recommend getting this show!

Also, you'll notice the slight swearing in this post. That is because I have just watched the season 2 finale, and it was fu...well you get the idea. Watch this show!

"Robin Hood will return to BBC 1" \o/

tfmf

it was soooo bad the ending

VERY BAD

i hated it so much

why did they kill marian, why did guy and the other one get away. They aren't acually thinking of making a third season. Marian and robin are meant to live happy ever after. The eposide seemed rushed for me and you know i think it should have been done over 3 seasons i can't help but feel disappointed

The new series was too painful for me to watch. Firstly because of the incredible historical inaccuracy, the cheap props and crap acting. It grabbed me just as space filler saturday tea time drivel.

TFMF if you want to see a proper Robin Hood then I suggest you watch the 1980's...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Robin....The Hooded Man.........dum dum. A far superior series in every respect. If you want to see serous deaths watch it, Will Scarlet and Little John are true to the folk lore of Robin not P's like in the new series. There are no crappy CGI effects that dont look realistic and when people get hit by swords and arrows they really do get hit by swords and arrows as the guys who did the stunts were pro jousters.

The new Robin in my opinion is just too light hearted for a guy who is trying to depose an evil king who killed his father..........its just not serious enough considering the circumstances and not true to the legend. Good TV series it may be to some but what your watching isnt Robin Hood.

The Costner film.........thank god they never made another the character was totally butchered.

There is no one Ive ever met in Nottingham who knew the story of Robin Hood (although the reality was Robin spent more time in Lincolnshire) that didnt say that this was the best version ever made.

This next videos you an idea of the atmosphere created by the series. Something that no other incarnation of Robin has ever managed.

trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig4bdX5CoDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9QNf6Z8oA&feature=related

The kind of fequent bad ass character one encounters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txYPk0K70fQ&feature=related

An example of the frequent kind of bad ass battles from the original series. Note realism and atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ig6MnK8YYQ&feature=related

SPOILER ALERT, the end of Season 1, unbeatable!

In a nut shell there is only one Robin and I wouldnt waste my time with anything that cannot get the Norman costume right.

lmao....robin hood tv show...I actually think its garbage and thats being polite, being from that area in the England (sherwood forest is actually 6 miles from where I am from) and Im actually born in Nottingham!

The sets are totally unrealistic (nottingham castle is on a large rocky hill in real life!), the acting is questionable, as well as the story lines and I do not recall robin hood actually being apart of the crusades.

The story robin hood has been done to death (anyone remember robin of sherwood on ITV??), this show really is aimed and the younger audience but for a more mature audience is its crap and should not of been re-made again.

before i saw that last ep i would have gone through you guys for slagging the programme off.

Yes the sets weren't realisitic but lie it was a modern spin on it you know and the story lines were very good

but after seeing the last ep

i can't help but feel so much hate for the show

i haven't seen the other series of robin hood

i mean the thing that got me about the last ep  was that

THEY KILLED MARIAN and like guy got away and like they missed out so many storylines. I also thought the acting of some characters was pretty bad

Your a funny man Ulysses.

As for the second best Robin Hood series.......that has to be Maid Marian and Her Merry Men..........anyone who says they dont like that is either retarded or has under gone extensive brain trauma which involved surgery and the removal the part of their brain labeled 'taste'.

Has the best one liners of any kids TV series thanks to Tony Robinson.

I dont care if they killed Marian because Robin dies in the original series and far more dramatically. In the new series they didnt so much kill Marian, they killed the actress, who looks not unlike Chinny Hill. Time to replace her with a fitter model methinks.

Ive seen every tv Robin hood  they ever made

best --1980s series 1 hooded man

next probabme Made Marion and her merry men

next probably this the cirrent one

then there was the 50's version which for its time was ok i suppose

This one is not to bad but as previous possters sed its not up there with "the Hooded Man" Sereie

Thats not just nostalgia talkin i downloaded and watched it all again recently

Wayne

Party on Wayne.

I wouldnt insult Oxfam by donating the DVD boxed set of the new series.

I suppose the new series does have one use and that is to frighten away unwanted attentions from someone of the opposite sex! That person wont be stopping round your home for a 'coffee' for very long! Just wack Robin Hood on and watch them flee!