I can't believe they brought him back

gjnave

**SPOILER**

Okay... we've just finished watching the first four episodes of season 2. I cannot tell you how incredibly disappointed and lamed out I am that they brought back Sylar. ARGH! I was really looking forward to getting past him and onto the next bad guy. *sigh*

Allright.. on with the season.

• 1 month later...

Well... Peter needs a counterbalance, and the best one to fill that role is Sylar... or some villain that's Sylar-like (i.e. capable of using multiple powers for whatever reason).  As Sylar's established and has his own following, he's the natural choice for that role.  Besides, it's not as if he's the only villain.  The series creator has mentioned more villains coming into play.

It is somewhat irksome that they decided to bring Sylar back... although, his disappearance at the end of season 1 made it all but inevitable we hadn't seen the last of him. Of course... if you're more critical of season 2, you might simply add it to the general problem it had - playing it safe.

Sylar was - as GorunNove said -  a known quantity and really the only person that is a match for Peter. So... it was just kind of lazy.