Stargate Atlantis 4x20 [The Last Man]

Tablet

atl42004copypg7.jpg

Discuss the latest episode of Atlantis [4x20 - The Last Man]

Season Finale

Watch a preview for the episode here.

You can also vote on how good you thought the episode was however you should only vote if you have seen this episode.

This thread may contain spoilers, so don't read any further unless you have watched the episode or if you are comfortable seeing what the episode is about.

Before the episode airs or before you have seen the episode, you can also use this thread to discuss rumours, spoilers and your hopes for what this episode will be about.

[spoiler=Brief synopsis]Sheppard returns from a mission and finds Atlantis abandoned and surrounded by sand dunes. He soon finds a hologram of Dr. McKay, who tells him he has come forty thousand years into the future, and everyone is long dead. But the McKay hologram has a plan to save the city and restore Sheppard to his own time.

<<< Episode 4x19 Discussion

Guess what

Bloody excellent

Loved this episode, really all about McKay and Sheppard but what a way of doing it.

Sheppard being stuck in the future on Atlantis, what was most interesting is McKays hologram telling Sheppard what happened in the past to all the team, only down side was due to how much of this story being told it did feel abit rushed but apart from that this was easy one of the best of all the stargate Atlantis stories from all the seasons

Very Good. I hoped for better but it was pretty good. The season ending cliff-hanger was full of all kinds of stuff you just knew might happen if Sheppard vanished.

Still, after 10 years of exploring a galaxy and beating the Ori recently, aren't there any planets of humans around besides Earth that have people that could help save Pegasus? Maybe not. The Atlantis crew still can't find enough ZPMs to power the gate and help them move to safer places. It just seems Earth has to do a lot of work without much help from friends.

An excellent episode, one of the best in the season, possibly.

Some of my favourite moments:

- Carter's death. Awwww! This was a really sad moment, watching the Pheonix blow up, as well as some brilliant CGI.

- Jennifer's death. Aw! Not quite as sad, but it was still quite touching.

- Ronin's Death. Well for Ronin, it wasn't half bad.

The Sheppard part of the story, being alone with the McKay hologram was also really well done. Some more funny moments and "aww" moments as we find out what happened to McKay too. I was actually expecting Weir to make an appearance, but oh well. I think the only thing that let down this episode was how rushed the end was. It didn't matter too much, though, as I was expecting them to actually rescue Tayla within 20 seconds, but at least this left some stuff for next season.

And how funny did Woolsey look in this Atlantis uniform. :D

I think the only thing that let down this episode was how rushed the end was. It didn't matter too much, though, as I was expecting them to actually rescue Tayla within 20 seconds, but at least this left some stuff for next season.

I totally thought the same thing about Tayla.

Also, I didn't find this as much of a season finally as a mid-season finally or a regular episode with more to come.

Overall I gave it a Very Good.

A good episode with plenty of highlights. :)

Only one bad thing... The CG in the final 'collapsing building' sequence, was... laughable... I've seen games with better effects...

Still it made us lol for a few minutes after a couple of replays... ;D