Stargate SG-1 [The Ark Of Truth]

Tablet

promoplakataotqa3.jpg

The Official Stargate SG-1 [The Ark Of Truth] Thread

This thread will contain spoilers, so don't read any further unless you have watched the movie or if you are comfortable seeing what the movie is about.

[spoiler=Brief synopsis]After Tomin defects to Earth, he informs the SGC that the Ori are preparing a full-scale assault. With his help, Daniel learns of "The Ark of Truth", something that could possibly turn the tides of the war in Earth's favor... but it will involve traveling to the Ori home galaxy.

Satisfactory conclusion to the Ori arc, imo. I will never forgive SG-1's creative team for killing the Ori off-screen back in The Shroud, though. The Replicator storyline wasn't necessary, but it was not something random. Given the circumstances, it kind of made sense, but it stole too much time from the real story. The convenient Deus ex machina solution was annoying as usual, but that's a Stargate trademark. AoT was good entertainment nonetheless, and Adria was on fire. I recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

to an extent i agree with Centurion

i felt they made a mess of a great idea in the main series

the ori had a lot of potential

and I think they made a mess of it at the end of season 10

honestly i didn't have high expectations

i need to see it again

there were numerous bits that annoyed me

i guess i justed wanted to like it that much

but it was better than the last ep of season 10

The Replicator thing was to make up for the WOEFUL lack of action and while it might have made a certain kind of sense, it was also just about the stupidest thing you could ever do.

The reason I'll always consider the Ori storyline a failure is this - it was rushed... in many senses but I've waxed lyrical about both the flaws of latter day SG-1 and the Ark of Truth.

Although I enjoyed The Ark of Truth, I too agree that it was rushed.

What they should have done was make the Ori the enemy in Atlantis instead of or along side of the Wraith.

This way they really could have explored them in more depth.

That's an interesting idea but I think the problem with that would have been that it meant you somehow had to resolve the situation in the Milky Way in such a way that the Ori couldn't/wouldn't return there but weren't defeated AND then went to to discover the Pegasus galaxy... which would have been a fair stretch.

The dynamic would have been interesting... because one assumes the Ori would be able to school the Wraith and hence would get a lot of converts but as the above suggest, I'm sceptical as to how the two would knit.