Torchwood 2x08 [A Day in the Death]

TetsuoShima

Well, it seems nobody found these Torchwood episodes worth discussing (since no one made any episode threads), but just in case, I'll create some topics for the episodes that had not yet recieved dedicated threads.

---

TORCHWOOD 2x08 [A Day in the Death]

Episode Discussion

[spoiler=Brief Synopsis]A victim of his new-found circumstances, Owen Harper believes he needs absolution. Will the lonely girl on the rooftop help him, or will it be a mission to retrieve an alien device that is proving more lethal by the second? And how far will Toshiko go to help him?

Feel free to vote and discuss this episode

*SPOILERS ALLOWED!* :D

I liked it. He's getting more "comfortable" with his situation.

Owen's condition is fascinating. If he doesn't heal or rot. He'll eventually wear down from normal events such as typing or walking. Without healing, tiny injuries would build up in his joints and skin. The cut that will never heal so they stitched it closed and covered it with a bandage. He needs a perma-seal glue on that or he'll make it worse. How are his eyes lubricated? He can't feel anything so why does he see, hear, presumably smell and taste? The bar experience/standing on his head proved he likes his booze but can't absorb it. The writers have seemingly borrowed from old sci-fi horror to create this Owen. I know I have read about a world of people that can't die but can't heal themselves and the monsters that torture them for fun. Reminds me of several Zombie movies from the 90's too.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm amazed nobody mentioned the stupid 'I can't draw breath' thing from the end of this episode.  The guy talks, which obviously requires being able to suck in and blow out air, and yet cannot do it to do mouth-to-mouth? -_-'  Other than that bit of blatant brain damage, I did rather like this episode.

Yeah, it was like that in Buffy. Angel tries to give CPR and of course, can't... I'd say there's a significant difference between NEEDING to breathe and being able to draw breath... perhaps the point is that lack of use causes the relevant muscles to atrophy?

I think there are a lot of problems with his situation... of course, all a trifle irrelevant now.