SUMMER GAMES

QUEENSPOCK

As some of you may remember last year i came across a small game called tribal wars which proved to be a big hit on the boards with most of us spending summer playing it (yeah it was pretty darn addictive, i hear some of us still can't get off it) It was a fun game and it brought people together and helped us all to get to know everyone i little better. It also allowed us to declare war on other factions which was pretty fun (you may remmeber the ori and POKE)

Anyhow i think it would be fun to try and get another game this year which everyone can play. Its just a thought really.

It doesn't have to be as addictive as tribal wars,

It would be good if it were a broser game or even if there was a particular pc game which was free online that everyone would be able to get. Though i know this isn't ideal for everyone especially those with Macs

anyhow just wanted to know what people thought about it

and maybe suggest some games

One i am suggesting is guild wars

it is an online game and it is 3

you can i think download it from their site at a price, it is fun but it can get boring if you don't hv people to play it with

or like we could even try a first person shooter like battlefront 2 or another one like call of duty 4

what do people think

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the sizes of the armies involved, our current war might take us through this summer...and beyond. It's basically a world war. SET is in The Coalition and our enemies are in The Empire. Hundreds of players are fighting each other and stealing villages.

1209344972.gif

it will probably be played on a computer

unfortunally not everyone has ps3's

at the moment it will probably be a free online game which u can play through ur broser

i have some games in mind which i will test like

even if there was enough people willing to buy a cheap pc game with no monthly fees

its whatever everyone thinks

tribal wars just worked soo well last year

I've doubled in points in the last 2 months. 400,000 and climbing. nearly 50 villages.

As Toaster72 I had almost 80 villages, 750k points and ranked 19th (and climbing), when I quit in November last year, cause of 'boredom' (no challenge = no fun).

Tororg lost a lot of good players 'out of boredom and frustration with new leadership'. I'm still in Tororg, but I'm about as active as a Sloth. (yeh, there's nothing new in the world) :cyclops:

I have supported SET defensively the last few days though. :)

As for 'strong' players, the ones that have been and remain active, should now be at the 1,500,000 to 2,000,000 mark, anything below that and you should review your gameplay, since most likely you're doing something wrong (unless you simply don't want to invest more time, so you can grow that much).

That's my take on W10 atm, What I've done with my own villages, is basically downgrade everything as much as possible without reducing my chances to build troops fast and stock everything full D.

I can assure you, I'm no longer an interesting target, since my point count has gone down a lot and every village is stacked. Big point players don't like it when they have to send 3 full offensive villages to their death, just to be able to take 1 village, that still needs a lot of work before it can benefit them. Combine that with the fact that they need to take on all of them (or at least fake all of them) or I can reinforce them even more. I know this is just a stopgap measure and I'll get taken down soon enough, but at least it'll cost them dearly and it takes me 0 effort. I've not taken a single village since januari btw.

What I love most, is when some people look on tw-stats and see me flatlined and them send a few attacks at a few villages and my D kills them all and I don't need to do a thing except click 'add a couple of thousand troops'.

In any case, fun game, but VERY repetitive and VERY demanding, the perfect player needs to be online 24/7. I can't play such games:

1. I don't have the time

2. It becomes too demanding too fast (if you want the be the perfectionist).

I just had an idea about a summer game, remember a little while ago TetsuoShima made a post about Battlefield heroes.

http://forum.nitescifi.com/index.php?topic=9983.0

Well its about to go into public beta testing, meaning its not to far away from release. It may make it for the summer (when its due), if so this would be perfect as ts a free to download online multilayer game.

SET appreciates all of its Coalition allies because to get rid of Die, we WILL send in multiple nukes to clean a defense village. several times if necessary. I screwed up this weekend and let Saatn keep a village by not having enough local nobles to take his village. by the time, new ones could get there, more support had landed. We'll take it and others by next weekend though.